Wednesday, July 25, 2018

{Read-A-Thon: Wrap Up} Summer '18 Biannual Bibliothon

Biannual Bibliothon

Hey, guys!

This past week I took part in the Summer 2018 Biannual Bibliothon and I did so well! I cannot believe that I read so much! I read 10 books! Well, 6 books, 3 comics, and a novella; but that counts! I'm super proud of my progress! Not only did I manage to read 7+ books, I managed to make my Goodreads goal 5 months early! I've decided to up my goal from 85 to 95 books in a year. I may even increase it to 100, but I really do not want to get ahead of myself. School will be starting up again soon, so I just do not want to commit to that. Oh well.

Here are the books I read for the Biannual Bibliothon!
  1. Captive Prince by C.S. Pacat 
    • ~ 3 stars
  2. The Ancient Magus Bride Volume 1 by Kore Yamazaki 
    • ~ 3 stars
  3. Persepolis: The Story of a Childhood (Persepolis #1) by Marjane Satrapi 
    • ~ 3 stars
  4. Paper Princess (Royals #1) by Erin Watt 
    • ~ 3 stars
  5. The Mirror and the Maze (The Wrath and the Dawn #1.5) by Renee Ahdieh 
    • ~ 3 stars
  6. Save the Date by Morgan Matson 
    • ~ 5 stars
  7. Lumberjanes: Beyond Bay Leaf Special #1 by Faith Erin Hicks, Noelle Stevenson, Rosemary Valero-O'Connell, and Shannon Watters 
    • ~ 4 stars
  8. Runaways #7 by Kris Anka and Rainbow Rowell 
    • ~ 4 stars
  9. Jim Henson's Storyteller: Fairies #1 by Matt Smith and Dan Jackson 
    • ~ 3 stars
  10. Persepolis 2: The Story of a Return (Persepolis #2) by Marjane Satrapi 
    • ~ 3 stars
+ 81 pages from A Darker Shade of Magic by V.E. Schwab
+ 20 pages from Kidnapped For His Royal Duty by Jane Porter {DNF'd}




- READING CHALLENGES –


1. Group book: The Wicked Deep: I couldn't manage to access an audiobook or ebook to read this. I didn't want to purchase it yet, so it just wasn't read yet. 

2. Buddy Read/From someone else's TBR: Kidnapped For His Royal Duty - I tried to read this with Alex. He forced himself through it and read it in one sitting. He hated it. 1 star. I tried to read it, but I couldn't even stomach the first 20 pages. It was just so bad. DNF'd.

3. Try the first chapter of 3 books and pick 1: Captive Prince & Paper Princess - These were just so easy to read. Captive Prince was actually my first book to try. I was going to read my 3 chapters during the first couple hours of the readathon, but it captured my interest right away. I managed to read the first 50 pages before I passed out asleep. The other books didn't really have a chance. I also read Paper Princess in the next couple days. It was just so angsty and wow. The writing for both novels wasn't the best, but I was thoroughly entertained. I'm definitely going to fly through the rest of the series. I will be picking up the other books. 

4. Read a book that has been on your TBR for over a year - I didn't exactly complete this challenge. I did read a lot of books from my physical TBR, but they had only been on my TBR for about 6 months. I'm still pretty proud. 

5. Read a predicted 5 star read: Save the Date - Oh my gosh. This book was just so well done. I absolutely adore everything Morgan Matson writes. She is just an excellent storyteller. I adore the characters she creates and I love how she focuses on family relationships and family units rather than just on romance. Charlie was absolutely charming and I really really want a sequel. 417 pages was definitely not enough for me. I needed more. 

6. Own voices: Persepolis 1 and 2 - Oh my. These graphic novels were so fascinating. I really enjoyed Marjane's story and her narration. Her art style was beautiful and I learned so much from her experiences. 

7. Read the last book you bought: The Ancient Magus Bride Vol. 1 - This was super fun. I really enjoy the series in manga form. I'm excited to see where the rest of the story goes. 

Number of Challenges Finished: 4/7
Total # of Pages Read: 1,840

Day 1: 220 pages
Day 2: 477 pages
Day 3: 164 pages
Day 4: 188 pages
Day 5: 383 pages
Day 6: 221 pages
Day 7: 187 pages

Happy reading!
Olivia ~Liv the Book Nerd~
Twitter // Instagram // Tumblr // Goodreads // YouTube // Bloglovin // Book Depository Affiliate Code // Book of the Month Link


No comments:

Post a Comment