Thursday, January 29, 2015

{Series Review} The Selection Series: The Selection, The Elite, & The One by Kiera Cass


"35 Girls 1 Crown The Competition Of A Lifetime"




Titles: The Selection, The Elite, The One, The Prince, & The Guard 
Author: Kiera Cass

Hey guys!

So this past week I read so. many. books! During this past week I just needed to get away for a bit. So, I dived into the world of the Selection. I read the Selection when it first came out in 2012 and I absolutely loved it! At the time, I had a big pile of library books to read, and I eventually just forgot about waiting for the sequel. I recently watched youtuber's videos hauling the series and I said to myself: "I need to read those through!" So I picked them up from my local library and just flew through them! This series is definitely a guilty pleasure of mine! :D 

     So, the whole series follows America Singer as she competes in the Selection. The Selection is a competition where 35 girls are chosen to compete for the Prince of Illea's heart. Illea is the futuristic world after the last World War. The land formerly known as the United States, Illea, is run by a king and queen. The whole class system is really whacky, everyone is separated into castes (but the thing everyone lives wherever they want but the castes intermingle and you don't know someone's caste unless they have an obvious job that is represented by their caste). The castes are basically based off of your ancestor's status back when King Illea came to power...so basically everyone was a 4 or 5 or lower and very few were 2's and 3's and only royals were 1's....America didn't want to sign up for the Selection...she was content. But her family needed the money, so she signed up. And she was chosen....



The Selection 

-Published: April 24th 2012
-Published by: HarperTeen
-Pages: 336 
-Genre: Young-adult, Dystopian, Romance, Science Fictio
My Rating: 5 stars

The Goodreads synopsis: 

For thirty-five girls, the Selection is the chance of a lifetime. The opportunity to escape the life laid out for them since birth. To be swept up in a world of glittering gowns and priceless jewels. To live in a palace and compete for the heart of gorgeous Prince Maxon.

But for America Singer, being Selected is a nightmare. It means turning her back on her secret love with Aspen, who is a caste below her. Leaving her home to enter a fierce competition for a crown she doesn't want. Living in a palace that is constantly threatened by violent rebel attacks.
Then America meets Prince Maxon. Gradually, she starts to question all the plans she's made for herself--and realizes that the life she's always dreamed of may not compare to a future she never imagine
d.


~~~~

35 Girls 1 Crown The Competition Of A Lifetime

How does that not catch your attention!

~~~~


What I Loved: The whole world! I loved how Kiera Cass didn't shove the world into your face and gradually gave you the bits of pieces of the world and it is so beautiful! 
What I Disliked: How easily America could be swayed by Aspen. I mean I understand that he was her first love, but she really needs to let him go. Aspen. I do not like Aspen at all.


~~~~

My Favorite Quotes: 

  “True love is usually the most inconvenient kind.” 

“I hope you find someone you can't live without.I really do. And I hope you never have to know what it's like to have to try and live without them.” 

“It's always the fear of looking stupid that stops you from being awesome."

~~~~~~~~~~




 The Elite 


-Pages: 336 

-Published: April 23rd 2013
-Published by: HarperTeen
-Genre: Young-adult, Dystopian, Romance, Science Fictio
My Rating: 4.5 stars

The Goodreads synopsis: 

The Selection began with thirty-five girls.
Now with the group narrowed down to the six Elite, the competition to win Prince Maxon's heart is fiercer than ever—and America is still struggling to decide where her heart truly lies. Is it with Maxon, who could make her life a fairy tale? Or with her first love, Aspen?

America is desperate for more time. But the rest of the Elite know exactly what they want—and America's chance to choose is about to slip away.


 ~~~~

    This follows where The Selection left off. The final 6, The Elite, remain...and America is still torn between Aspen and Maxon.

~~~~

What I Disliked: America being so freaking fickle! Seriously! Maxon is perfect for you! You love him! He loves you! Let go of Aspen!
What I Loved: Everything else! As much as I complain about America, I love her all at the same time! These books are so beautiful and so great!



 ~~~~

My Favorite Quotes:

“Love is beautiful fear” 

“You’ve changed me forever. And I’ll never forget you.”

“Sometimes I feel like we're a knot, too tangled to be taken apart.” 

“Darling, you’re perfect.” 

“I know, I know. It's hard to explain. All I can say is that I've been given a second chance. Maxon matters to me, and I'm going to fight for him."

~~~~~~~~~


The One


-Pages: 323 
-Published: May 6th 2014 
-Published by: HarperTeen 
-Genre: Young-adult, Dystopian, Romance, Science Fictio
-My Rating: 5 stars

The Goodreads synopsis: 

The time has come for one winner to be crowned.

When she was chosen to compete in the Selection, America never dreamed she would find herself anywhere close to the crown—or to Prince Maxon's heart. But as the end of the competition approaches, and the threats outside the palace walls grow more vicious, America realizes just how much she stands to lose—and how hard she'll have to fight for the future she wants.



~~~~

    This book! Oh! My! Gosh! It is was such a perfect way to finish up the Selection trilogy! Actually no! I was nearly satisfied but not enough! I need more! This just made me even more excited for The Heir! Guys I waited 5+ days to write about this series aned I still cannot wrap my head around the ending! I NEED MORE! 
    Kiera Cass, you are a word wizard! This series deserves 100 stars! I am getting all the feels!

~~~~

What I Disliked: -Again, America's fickle attitude
                           -Aspen risking America's life when he was trying to get her to                            pick him
                           -Maxon's attitude near the end..I still love you Maxon but                                  seriously don't pull an America!
What I Loved:  Look back to my thoughts ^^ :D

~~~~

My Favorite Quote:



~~~~


    If you guys love the dystopian genre, the Bachelor, and dreamy princes and beautiful dresses, action, suspense, and rebel uprisings; you will love these books! I had such an amazing time reading these books! You will seriously fly through them! 

Until later guys!
Olivia
~livthebooknerd~ 


~~~~


~~~~

Where To Find:

The Selection:  Indigo // B&N // Book Depository

The Elite: Indigo // B&N // Book Depository

The One:  Indigo // B&N // Book Depository


~~~


Enjoy! Happy Reading!
Olivia 
~livthebooknerd~



No comments:

Post a Comment