Tuesday, March 10, 2015

The King's Jewel by Sasha and Sarena Nanua


The King's Jewel by Sarena and Sasha Nanua

Published by: iUniverse
Published on: July 23rd 2013
Page Count: 331
Genre(s): Fantasy, YA, Paranormal
Source: paperback sent from iUniverse
My Rating: 4 stars

Goodreads synopsis: click here

Where to buy: iUniverse // Amazon // B&N // BD

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Hey guys!

The King's Jewel is a continuation of the story from The Gemstone. Arica arrived in the Sorcerer's Underworld. She soon realizes that the King's crown, his jewel, was stolen by a mysterious thief. The queen sends Arica, Jess, Janine, Joseph, and Prince Adam to hunt down the thief. The group ends up on the Water Train..and let me say! The Water Train is so flipping cool! I loved how Sasha and Sarena described it! It was absolutely perfect! If Arica wants to go home she must find the Jewel, defeat the thief, and find her gemstone in the Hall of Lost Gemstones. "...but what she doesn't realize is that the culprit could be closer to her than she'd ever imagined.."*

     I would honestly LOVE it if they would write a story on Drake! Drake is so cool! AND SUMMER! I loved how she spoke half French and half English half the time! As a third year French student I loved that I could understand what she said! She's so bubbly and fun and gahh! Sarena, Sasha! I beg of you! Write their stories!
  
     The King's Jewel is soo much better than the Gemstone. I feel like Sarena and Sasha have grown into their writing style, and there are less undertones of Harry Potter ;). Sasha, Sarena, y'all are word wizards and world creators and I applaud you! Bravo! Bravo!
     
     Now allow me to vent. This book! It frustrated me immensely! Arica! GURRRRLLL... (shakes my head)...She's so naive and she doesn't think with her gut. She needs to trust her instincts and pay attention to the hints in front of her. There would literally be obvious against someone and their funny business and Arica would doubt them and she would think to herself "noo they're my friend it's impossible that they could do something devious!" Girl, obviously they're scheming and plotting against you! Stop doubting your instincts and think with your head! Don't trust anyone! Gahhh! 

     
Random Notes:

     Also! Also! I imagine that Janine and Jess are Sarena and Sasha (XD). Everytime the twin's appearance is described in the story, I have to do a double take because I imagine them as Sasha and Sarena...

PS: Crigoes remind me of thestrals from Harry Potter...I don't know why but they do haha

This was quite good guys!

Enjoy guys! 
Until next time!
Olivia
~livthebooknerd~




*From the back cover synopsis

No comments:

Post a Comment