Sunday, July 26, 2015

Blood Rites by Quinn Loftis

Page Count: 256
Published on: November 19, 2011
Published by: Quinn Loftis
Genre(s): Paranormal, Romance, YA, Fantasy, Urban Fantasy
Source: eBook
Age Rating: PG-14

Where To Find ItGoodreads // Amazon 

My Rating: 4 stars

Twitter: @AuthQuinnLoftis




Goodreads synopsis: 

With the challenge complete and the corrupt Alpha of Coldspring defeated Fane is now free to complete the mate bond with Jacque and perform the Blood Rites. Although the challenge is done, the affects are far reaching. Once it is known that Vasile, one of the strongest Alphas in the world is in America, specifically Coldspring, TX, there is one Alpha who cannot over look the significance of this. An Alpha who happens to share Jacque's DNA, but is this the one she needs to fear? 

With her mom driving and her two best friends, Jen and Sally in tow, Jacque sets off for her happily ever after. She will soon realize a plan has been put in motion that will change her course and possibly tear her from Fane's grasp forever. It will take a wolf pack, her mother's love, her two best friend's unrelenting determination, her own will to survive and the undying love of her mate to bring her home. The question remains, if she fights, if she endures, who will she be, what will be left once she is back in her mates arms?

~~~

Hey guys!

        Blood Rites is the second book in the Grey Wolves series by Quinn Loftis. It follows the characters right after the end of The Prince Of Wolves. The beginning (the first 30%) was super frustrating and I literally had to put the book down for a few days. I eventually consulted my friend Mark (the man who lent me his kindle book to read) and he told me that it was worth it to finish, and that the first 40~50% was kind of dodgy but the last half was totally worth the read. After I hit the 45% mark I flew through it. These books aren't necessarily hard to read, not by a long shot, but sometimes the grammar or the writing style is really frustrating or flighty. Sometimes Quinn Loftis will change POVs randomly mid-paragraph, and it totally throws me off! Please Quinn, don't do that! I love your books, but sometimes that throw me off!

        OK, I love the Grey Wolves books but sometimes yeah they frustrate me, there's un-needed drama and some scenes in the book that are so unrealistic that it made me mad. Also, the characters accepted that they were in the hospital! They don't question anything! It made me so mad! And Dillon's Beta...oh my gosh he makes me mad! If Dillon is such a powerful Alpha, his Beta shouldn't have been able to do what he does! This book was kind of disappointing, compared to The Prince Of Wolves. Also, Jen and Sally's parents are so weird! They let the girls go to Romania after just a talk with Alina and Lily??? What the heck! I'm convinced they're bad parents. I'm hoping that the next book is better, because I do plan on reading them all. I hope for the best.

        I really love the banter between Jen, Sally, & Jacque. I also really love the banter between Decebel and Jen. I really hope those two end up together, I find them really adorable! They're perfect for each other. The humor is usually really funny, but sometimes corny. The characters are cute, and the paranormal aspects are really interesting, and that's what makes these books worth reading. I also really love the romance, it's really swoon-worthy and sweet. 

        If you've tried to read this book but you've not gotten passed the first 10~30% I recommend that you skim the first 35% and just continue reading, you won't miss anything very important I promise. :)

       I would have to give the first 35% 2 stars, but the rest about 4 stars, so I've given it a rating of 4 stars...I'm actually even skeptical of this rating, but I love Quinn Loftis, so, I'm going to keep it there.

My Favorite Character: Decebel
My Least Favorite Character: Dillon's stupid Beta >:(

Enjoy guys!
Olivia
~livthebooknerd~
Twitter // Instagram // Tumblr // Goodreads // Bloglovin

No comments:

Post a Comment