Friday, July 24, 2015

Weekend Reads [7/24~6/26] & End of July TBR


Hey guys!

       I'm hoping to read a bit this weekend. I've read 3 books since Sunday (the 19th), and I had read a little over 1,100 pages in about 6 days. I'm excited to read some more graphic novels before I start up school again. I'm also excited to read the final installment of the School For Good & Evil trilogy, The Last Ever After. I'm also really excited to read some more fairy-tale retellings, such Sun & Moon, Ice & Snow by Jessica Day George, which is a retelling of East o' the Sun, West o' the Moon; and Uprooted by Naomi Novik, which is a retelling of The Beauty & the Beast. Comment down below what you plan on reading this weekend or this coming weekend.

Here is my End Of July TBR!



The Trickster's Choice by Tamora Pierce


Page Count: 453
Published on: September 17th 2004
Published by: Scholastic Press
Genre(s): Fantasy, YA,  Science Fiction, High Fantasy, Romance
Source: Print: Paperback: Library

Where To Find ItGoodreads // Amazon

I loved Tamora Pierce's The Song Of The Lioness Quartet, and I'm really excited to get into this series.

Sun & Moon, Ice & Snow by Jessica Day George

Page Count: 336
Published on: January 8, 2008
Published by: Bloomsbury USA Childrens
Genre(s): Fantasy, YA, Retellings, Adventure, Romance
Source: Print: Library

Where To Find ItGoodreads // Amazon

I absolutely loved Ice by Sarah Beth Durst and East by Edith Pattou, which are retellings of East o' the Sun, West o' the Moon, and I'm really excited to read this soon.


Doctor Who: 11 Doctors 11 Stories by Eoin Colfer, Michael Scott, Marcus Sedgwick, Philip Reeve, Patrick Ness, Richelle Mead, Malorie Blackman, Alex Scarrow, Charlie Higson, Derek Landy, & Neil Gaiman
Page Count: 516
Published on: November 23rd 2013
Published by: Puffin
Genre(s): Fantasy, Adventure, Romance, Science, Fiction, Short Stories, Fiction
Source: Print: Library
Where To Find ItGoodreads // Amazon

I love Doctor Who sooo much, so I'm really excited to read these short stories!


The Last Ever After (The School For Good & Evil #3) by Soman Chainani

Page Count: 672
Published on: July 21st 2015
Published by: HarperCollins
Genre(s): Fantasy, Adventure, Romance, Middle Grade, Fairy Tale retellings
Source: Print: Library
Where To Find ItGoodreads // Amazon

OH MY GOSH I'M SO EXCITED! CHECK OUT MY REVIEWS FOR THE FIRST & SECOND BOOK! [here #1] [here #2]



I also want to read Uprooted by Naomi Novik, Just One Drop by Quinn Loftis, and The Knife Of Never Letting Go by Patrick Ness. A couple graphic novels that I want to read are: Daniel X (Manga #2) by James Patterson & Ned Rust & SeungHui Kye, Saga (Volume 1) by Brian Baughan & Fiona Staples, and My Girlfriend's A Geek by Rize Shinba. What are you planning on reading in the next couple weeks? Comment down below! 

Enjoy guys! Happy reading!
Olivia
~livthebooknerd~

No comments:

Post a Comment