Monday, July 22, 2019

Reading Rush 2019 TBR


Hey, guys! 

It's time for the first-ever Reading Rush readathon! This readathon was previously called the Booktube-A-Thon! I'm so excited about the changes that Ariel and Raeleen put into place! What are you reading for this awesome readathon?

Stay tuned for my Twitter engagement and Instagram reading updates! I'll also be updating on my Reading Rush page and Goodreads! 

Twitter: {here}
Instagram: {here}
Goodreads: {here}
Reading Rush: {here}

Challenge 1:

Purple on the cover

Renegades (Renegades #1) by Marissa Meyer

28421168

I plan on reading this with a couple of friends! I'm so excited to continue catching up on Marissa Meyer's books!

Challenge 2:

Read a book in the same spot

The Near Witch by V.E. Schwab & Mooncakes by Suzanne Walker and Wendy Xu

4359127344774415

Back when The Near Witch was repackaged and republished in March, Alex (my boyfriend) and I decided to preorder gorgeous hardbacks from the UK book store Forbidden Planet. We were so intrigued by the premise and we've really enjoyed the Schwab books we've picked up previously. Alex managed to read the entire book in under 12 hours and he really enjoyed it. I'm eager to see what I think. 

Mooncakes was available to read through NetGalley without any problem, so I'm really excited to see what I think of this lovely little graphic novel. It looks so colorful and cute. 

Challenge 3:

Read a book that you meant to read last year

Sky in the Deep by Adrienne Young

34726469

I've been meaning to read this since it came out, but I only acquired this early this year. My boyfriend, Alex, really adored the audiobook for this book. I cannot wait to dive in! 

Challenge 4:

An author's first book

The Near Witch

43591273

I plan on doubling up on this challenge. This is Schwab's first published work, just with a new cover and some extra bits. I also plan on reading the short story at the end: The Ash-Born Boy

Challenge 5:

Non-human character

4359127334726469

I believe that the main character of The Near Witch is a witch or comes in contact with a witch. Either way, there is some paranormal activity! I think there might be a god-character in Sky in the Deep too. I'm not quite sure, but with all the books I'm reading, I'm pretty sure I'll be encountering a non-human character. 

Challenge 6: 

A book with 5+ words in the title

The Lost Kingdom of Bamarre (The Two Princesses of Bamarre #0.5) by Gail Carson Levine

31371284. sy475

I picked this up for this challenge really late last night before the readathon started. I plan on listening to this via audio through my library. When I was young, my favorite books were by Gail Carson Levine and I'm so eager to see what I think of this prequel to the 

Challenge 7: 

Read a book and watch its adaptation

The Spring Girls by Anna Todd

36135426. sy475

This is a modern-day retelling of Little Women - one of my all-time favorite books..ever. The reviews on Goodreads are looking pretty bleak for this one, so I'm not surprised if I end up DNF-ing it. Though I'm hopeful for the best. I plan on starting this book via audio through my library and seeing how it goes from there. I also have the physical book on my shelves.


What are you reading for the readathon?

Happy reading!
Olivia
~Liv the Book Nerd~




No comments:

Post a Comment