Wednesday, August 3, 2016

Summer Cram-A-Thon & Summer BookTube-A-Thon 2016 Wrap Up


Hey, guys!

The Summer 2016 Cram-a-Thon is now over so that means it's time to share the books that I've read in the past few days. I didn't really start reading seriously until day 2 or 3 of the cram-a-thon because weekends have been really busy lately. So I didn't read all of the books on my TBR even though they weren't very long. 



Here are the books that I've read in the past 4 days:
  • Fantastic Beast & Where To Find Them by Newt Scamander (J.K. Rowling)
  • Attack On Titan Volume 1 by Hajime Isayama & Sheldon Drzka
  • Attack On Titan Volume 2 by Hajime Isayama & Sheldon Drzka
  • Attack On Titan Volume 3 by Hajime Isayama & Sheldon Drzka
  • The Hidden Oracle by Rick Riordan (only 70 pages)
Pages Read: 724
Number of Books Read: 4

Challenges Completed:

  1. Read a book under 200 pages (Fantastic Beasts, AoT #1 & 2)
  2. Read a graphic novel (AoT #1-3)
  3. Read a book you've never finished  (AoT #1)
  4. Read a novella/short story (Fantastic Beasts)
  5. Read a book written in verse
  6. Read 5 books total (This almost happened, but I had a third of The Hidden Oracle left so only 4 counts. ;) )
     I finished 4 challenges this time around (1-4) and I completed 4 books. 3 graphic novels and a short story/book. I wasn't exactly trying to complete any challenges, but I was trying to read as much as I could. I actually read the most on the last day of the read-a-thon, which surprises me because it was my busiest day.

BookTube-A-Thon Wrap Up

      Guys! I am so proud of myself! I read 7 books for the BookTubeAThon! Granted, four were manga volumes of Attack On Titan, but I consider graphic novels and manga to be literature and actual books. Graphic novels and manga both have so much work put into them -- just like an orthodox novel. I don't think they should be left out of the literature label. Anyway, I had a great week of reading and I can't wait for the next BookTubeAThon! I loved this so much. I enjoyed this year much more than I did last year because I actually got involved with Twitter-sprints and the Instagram challenges. Next year, I hope to get involved with the video challenges as well. This year, that just couldn't happen. I loved watching everyone's video updates, their Goodreads updates, and the tweets that everyone posted. It was so lovely to see this amazing community united and enjoying the written word. I'm pretty sure this community is the best community to be in.


Challenges:
  1. Yellow on the cover 
  2. Only read a book after sunset
  3. Read a book that you discovered on BookTube
  4. Read a book by your favorite author
  5. Read a book that is older than you
  6. Read & watch a book and it's movie adaptation
  7. Read 7 books
      I managed to complete 5 &1/2 challenges! I did read 7 books, but I did not read a book that was older than me and I didn't manage to watch the movie adaptation of The BFG..but I did rewatch an episode of Attack On Titan :D Does that even count? I don't even know. Anyway, I loved these challenges. Anyway, I've read all of Reagan's Attack On Titan volumes, so there may not be any more AoT updates for a while. (Manga volumes are so expensive! Reagan just bought 3 volumes and the total price was ridiculous! I don't think I will ever buy manga volumes...library here I come...) Here are the books that I read this week and how they fulfilled the challenges.


Here are the books I read:
  1. Rules of the Road by Joan Bauer ~ Challenge 1
  2. Attack On Titan Volume 4 by Hajime Isayama ~ Challenge 2
  3. The BFG by Roald Dahl ~ Challenge 2 ~ Challenge 6? 
  4. Attack On Titan Volume 5 by Hajime Isayama ~Challenge 6?
  5. Attack On Titan Volume 6 by Hajime Isayama ~ Challenge 2
  6. Broken Hearts, Fences, & Other Things To Mend by Katie Finn (Morgan Matson) ~ Challenge 3 & 4
  7. Attack On Titan Volume 7 by Hajime Isayama ~ Challenge 2
# Of Pages Read: about 1,596 pages
# Of Books Read: 7 & about 40 pages of Six Of Crows

~~~

Don't forget to check out the LivTheBookClub read-along too! We're reading Six of Crows by Leigh Bardugo! Click {here} to join!
You can also follow us on social media!
Instagram: @livthebookclub
Twitter: @livthebookclub
Live Show date TBD! Check Twitter for the official date!

Happy reading, everyone!
Olivia
~LivTheBookNerd~
@LivTheBookNerd on Books

No comments:

Post a Comment