Monday, May 1, 2017

April 2017 Wrap Up


Hey, guys!

      If you couldn't tell, I haven't been posting many reviews at all. I'm currently in the middle of finals, so be patient with me. I'm writing this up pretty quickly Sunday (4/30) and I plan on posting this by Monday (5/1). I'm going to try to have a post about my A Court of Wings & Ruin unboxing and preorder goodies, but that will have to wait until the book actually comes in, when I get the editions (yes plural) that I want to have, and for the preorder goodies to come in. Along with that, I'll most likely have a spoiler and non-spoiler discussion and review. Stay tuned for that! 

      Once finals are completely over, I plan to do a big binge on Sarah J. Maas books and then get back to my review books. I'm considering it my reward for getting fantastic grades. Please be patient with me. I will have a bunch of reviews coming soon. I'm very behind, but I will get caught up! 

      This month I read 8 books/short stories and DNF'd 2 books. I was close to DNF'ing a bunch of books this month. I was just not satisfied with what I read. Hopefully, next month will be better since I don't have classes. 



  • Beauty & the Beast: Lost in A Book by Jennifer Donnelly 
    • Rating: 3 stars
    • Review: [COMING SOON]
  • Caraval by Stephanie Garber
    • Rating: 4.75 stars
    • Review: [COMING SOON]
  • A Fool's Journey by Mark Pannebecke*
    • Rating: 1 star
    • Review: [COMING SOON]
  • Girl on the Verge by Pintip Dunn*
    • Rating: 3.25 stars 
    • Review: [COMING SOON]
  • If You Want to Write by Brenda Ueland
    • School reading. No rating.
  • A Brightness out of the Blue by Jill Atkins*
    • Rating: 3 stars
    • Review: [COMING SOON]
  • Some of Us Have Been Threatening Our Friend Colby by Donald Barthelme+
    • School reading.
    • 4 stars
    • No review. I wrote my final paper for the class I read this for.
  • This Is What It Means to Say Phoenix Arizona by Sherman Alexie+
    • 3 stars
    • Not my favorite short story. Kind of boring. Interesting symbolism and underlying messages though. 
    • No review.

DNF'd Books:

Stay tuned for reviews! Lots will go up after finals are over!

Number of Pages Read: 1,240
Favorite Book Read: Caraval
Least Favorite Book Read: A Fool's Journey
Number of Sponsored Reads: 5
Number of Non-Sponsored Reads: 5
Number of School Texts: 3
Number of Rereads: 0


I will be posting a tentative TBR within the next couple days, so stay tuned to hear about my summer reading plans!

How many books did you read this month and which one was your favorite?

Happy reading!
Olivia 
~LivTheBookNerd~
@LivTheBookNerd on Books Amino


No comments:

Post a Comment