Saturday, June 29, 2019

June 2019 Book Haul



Hey, guys!

Once again, I've acquired SO many books through my wily means. I've bought quite a few, been gifted some, and I've traded quite a few as well (though some aren't here yet). I've also read quite a lot, so don't think I'm just acquiring all of these books just because. I'm so excited about these books!

Here are the books I received, bought, and traded for.



  • We Hunt the Flame by Hafsah Faizal
    • I bought this through the Book of the Month club! I'm so excited to read this book!
  • Aurora Rising by Jay Kristoff and Amie Kaufman
    • I purchased this from Good Choice Reading! I'm so excited to have another Kristoff/Kaufman book signed! I cannot wait to read this for the last Biannual Bibliothon Read-a-Thon!
  • Sorcery of Thorns by Margaret Rogerson
    • I actually acquired 2 copies of this book this month! One was a preorder and the other (which is pictured) is the OwlCrate edition. My regular edition is being lent out to Julia who is reading it for our book club! 
  • Sky in the Deep by Adrienne Young 
    • Guys! Another OwlCrate edition! This is actually an exclusive new cover, signed, and so pretty! I acquired this through a Twitter trade!
  • Beyond the Shadowed Earth by Joanna Ruth Meyer [ARC]
  • Good Omens by Terry Pratchett and Neil Gaiman
    • Alex and I have been wanting to pick this book up for a while, so while he was away for the week I snagged us two copies from Books A Million. I'm so excited to read this book. It looks phenomenal.
  • Call It What You Want by Brigid Kemmerer
    • I preordered this gorgeous book soon after finishing A Curse So Dark and Lonely. I plan on reading this in the next few days! I love bingeing Kemmerer's contemporaries!
  • Ask Again Yes by Mary Beth Keane
    • This is another BOTM pick! It sounds so intriguing! I cannot wait to dive in!
  • The Bone Season by Samantha Shannon
    • I went to an amazing sale at the beginning of the month and I found this 1st edition hardback for $2! How could I pass that up!?
  • How to Walk Away by Katherine Center
    • Another BOTM pick! I'm such a sucker for adult romance! This just sounded so fantastic! Not to mention, Taylor Jenkins Reid RAVED about this on the BOTM site!
  • The Song of Achilles by Margaret Rogerson
    • I actually got to meet Madeline Miller a few days ago! She spoke about her work for about an hour and then signed. I got my copy of Circe signed and then I bought a copy of The Song of Achilles for Alex and me, as well as a copy of Circe for him.
  • Famous in a Small Town by Emma Mills [ARC]
    • This is also another book I acquired through a Twitter trade! I feel so blessed!
  • Eleanor Oliphant is Okay by Gail Honeyman
    • I'm so excited to read this! A huge shoutout to the BOTM swap group that has blessed me with so many awesome swaps!
  • The Cactus by Sarah Haywood
    • This book sounds so good! I cannot wait to get to it in July. Reese Witherspoon actually sold me on this book. It's her book club's June pick! I'm sad that I couldn't fit it into my June reading, but I'm definitely reading it in July.
  • The History of Jane Doe by Michael Belanger
    • This sounds so fascinating. Thank you Michael Balanger for the copy! Stay tuned for a review, all.
  • Waiting for Tom Hanks by Kerry Winfrey
    • Thank you, Berkley, for the gifted copy! I had the pleasure of reviewing WFTH through NetGalley and I really enjoyed this book. Don't forget to check out my review! 
  • The Grief Keeper by Alexandra Villasante
    • I had the pleasure of interviewing Alexandra for a blog post in early June. She and Putnam sent me a complimentary copy to review. I cannot wait to dive into this one. It sounds so freaking good.
  • The Moderne Faerie Tales by Holly Black
    • Another pre-order! I cannot wait to read these books! I've already started Tithe and I'm honestly iffy. 

Do you buy a lot of books? What has been your favorite of your recent purchases? 

Happy reading!
Olivia
~Liv the Book Nerd~


No comments:

Post a Comment