Wednesday, February 15, 2023

{Review} How Not To Date A Demon by Lana Kole

 


Page count: 163
Publisher: Lana Kole
Published on: January 7, 2023
Genres: Adult fantasy romance, monster romance
Format: ebook personally purchased

Rating: 4/5 ✨
Spice Level: 2.5-3/5 🌶️

- monster romance
- both MCs are switches in the bedroom
- MMC has a tail and horns
- very romcom-y with wonderful spice

Synopsis: 

Did I swipe right on the wrong guy?

This is a question Maeve has no choice but to ask herself as her boyfriend’s sins pile up.

Besides the usual dirty socks on the floor, the dishes left sitting beside the sink, and having to clean up after him like his damned mother, now he’s brought home three solid black puppies. At the request of his boss, who’s been holding a promotion over his head since the beginning of their relationship.

So fine. She’ll watch the puppies. They are pretty cute, after all.

…If she can ignore the way they guard the bedroom door with glowing red eyes.

What’s not cute? Galen’s shirts appearing in the hamper with the same two tears along the shoulder blades, the late-night walks, and the weird chanting in the middle of the living room.

Determined to get to the bottom of her boyfriend’s sudden weirdness, Maeve concocts a plan, a series of tests to figure out what the hell Galen is exactly.
Vampire? Werewolf? Something from Hell itself?
She’s damned well going to find out, even if she has to use all the salt in the pantry.
~
Is Maeve right to lead her own investigation into her boyfriend’s weird antics? Get in on this silly adventure and learn How Not to Date a Demon.

~ ~ ~

R E V I E W:

This book was just incredibly fun. I really loved how the characters communicated their needs for their relationship and in the bedroom.

For a demon, Galen is the sweetest cinnamon roll. I wouldn’t have known he was a demon either, so Maeve’s confusion was just so valid to me. I loved how they came to terms with his monster status.

I think the reason I gave it 4 stars is because I wanted more from the world building. I’m not sure if I missed it at the beginning, but I had no idea that monsters had been reintroduced to the world at large in general. Knowing that monsters were becoming more accepted in society would have been really good to know. However, I really don’t know if that’s just something I missed. Once the rest of the books come out, you bet your booty I’ll be snagging all of them. I’m so invested. The world that the book ended with was so fascinating and the concept of hell that Lana Kole ended with is incredible. I want more!

Happy reading, friends!


No comments:

Post a Comment