Tuesday, February 7, 2023

{Review} She-Hulk: Jen Again by Rainbow Rowell, Luca Maresca, Rico Renzi, and Rogê Antônio

 

Page count: 120
Publisher: Marvel
Published on: October 4, 2022 
Genres:
Format: ebook personally purchased


Rating: 4 stars

Synopsis:

The best character ever is back in her own series and about to glam up the whole Marvel Universe! Jennifer Walters, the Sensational She-Hulk, is no longer savage - and now she needs to put her life back together. She's got a legal career to rebuild, friends to reacquaint herself with (and maybe represent in a court of law), and enemies to... well, she may not want to connect with them, but they are definitely going to connect with her. And Jen is about to be sent down a road she's never travelled - one that will shake up her life... and possibly the whole Marvel Universe! 

~ ~ ~

I don’t know what’s in the water, but I have just been consuming only 4.5-5 star reads so far this year. What a blessing!


I finally picked up this gorgeous comic book because it was blessedly only $2.99. For a grad student, that’s practically free — well not really, but I could afford it and that’s important to me. Anyway, I knew I would love this going into it because I know that this story only gets 10 issues. I’m not sure what’s up with my brain, but longer comic runs do not get finished — at least for me. I don’t manage to finish them. I’m pretty sure that will change this year because I’ve really gotten into following the weekly/bi-weekly journeys of certain manga series, but I digress.

She-Hulk is a new favorite character. I already know I’ll be searching out more content and more world lore because I’ve genuinely never consumed She-Hulk specific Marvel content. After reading this, I’m mad that I haven’t! I don’t know what brought these fascinating characters to where they are in this volume, but I’m involved now! I need backstory! I want more Jack of Hearts! I need more domestic interactions between the heroes! It’s great!

If you’ve been thinking of diving into She-Hulk, specifically Rainbow Rowell’s go at it- do it! I loved her Runaways issues, so it’s not surprising that I loved this.

‼️ The .5 stars I docked off is easily remedied and reflects on my reading experience. I just don’t know the history so that took me out of it. That part of the rating does not reflect on the story itself. It’s merely my experience.

Happy reading, friends!

No comments:

Post a Comment