Thursday, June 16, 2016

Karma by Nadine Nightingale

29560280
Page Count: 276
Published on: May 4, 2016

Published by: The Wild Rose Press
Genre(s): Paranormal, New Adult, Adult, Fantasy
Source: Paperback--Sent by author
Age Rating: PG-17, trigger for abuse

Where To Find ItGoodreads // Amazon

Twitter: @dini_caroline

My Rating: 3 stars







Goodreads synopsis:

People call me all sorts of names—bad girl, black sheep, and my all-time favorite...Satan’s bride. I could blame the fact I’m a witch for my behavior, but the truth is I’m infuriating, arrogant, and stab-worthy.

Alex Remington is a hunter and everything I’m not—righteous, honest, caring. We used to have a thing, but that was before he learned I’m a witch and tried to kill me.

Eighteen months later, he’s back in my life and we have a deal; I’ll help him save his brother and he’ll disappear from my life for good. But karma can be a real bitch…
 



~~~
Hey, guys!

Nadine Nightingale sent me her book for an honest review. 

      This book was very entertaining and a pretty good paranormal romance book. Although there were a few things I didn't enjoy about the book, there were enough things that I thought were outstanding that didn't cause me to hate it haha. This was a pretty average book for me, but 

What I Liked:

  • I liked Alex a lot...he was such a cool character, and I liked that he stuck with what he believed in. 
  • I loved the little flashbacks between Alex and Amanda. Some of the flashbacks were a bit steamy, but I felt like they were well done and didn't reveal a bunch of the nitty gritty details that I didn't really want...if you know what I mean.
  • I loved the banter between Amanda and Alex. It made me laugh out loud like a fool. 
  • This book gave me a kind of Supernatural-vibe. I at first thought it was a fan-fiction.
  • This book wasn't overly violent or sexual. The scenes that could be really raunchy or sexual were really nicely done, and I didn't get the whole TMI-vibe that I get sometime when an author gets too descriptive with a romantic scene.
What I Didn't Like:
  • The "chemistry" between the two felt a bit forced to me, but it was probably because I didn't have as much knowledge of their romantic background as I would like. 
  • Towards the end, there were still questions that were unanswered concerning why the two broke up the first time. I still don't think I know the full reason why Jesse up and left without Alex. The small answers that kind of answered the questions throughout never fully satisfied me.
  • I also felt like I didn't know enough about the type of magic that Amanda practiced. I mean there were bits of the book where it described the magic, but unlike other books with witches and wizards I didn't understand this magic, and I really wish that I did. Maybe it's because I don't read much paranormal anymore, but it wasn't enough for me.
  • I also didn't like the times where Alex and Amanda would fight over whether each of them were jealous or not. It was not done well, and it was really annoying.
  • Another little thing that I didn't like was when one of the characters would say "ain't" it felt forced and it didn't sound right at all.
      Overall, the story was very interesting and kept me reading. I'm very interested in reading the sequel. There were too many questions left unanswered for me, and hopefully the sequel won't let me down. I also wish there was a prequel that explained Alex & Amanda's relationship. I feel like that would add something awesome to the story.

I hope you all enjoyed this review!
Happy reading!
Olivia

~LivTheBookNerd~
@LivTheBookNerd on Books


No comments:

Post a Comment