Thursday, June 30, 2016

June 2016 Wrap Up & July TBR


Hey, guys!

      This month has been so topsy-turvy! This month I've read 6 books, and I'm so happy with the books that I've read this month. I read so many great books this month, and I'm so excited to get to the books I plan on reading in July. Here are the books that I read this month:




  1. The Kiss of Deception by Mary E. Pearson
    • 4 stars
  2. Meet Me Here by Bryan Bliss+
    • 3 stars
  3. Maiden by Chris Sorenson+
    • 3 stars
  4. Me Before You by Jojo Moyes
    • 5 stars
  5. A Court Of Mist & Fury by Sarah J. Maas
    • 5 STARS OH MY GOSH STAY TUNED FOR MY REVIEW!
  6. Illuminae by Jay Kristoff & Amie Kaufman
    • 5 stars

Favorite Book Read: A Court Of Mist & Fury by Sarah J. Maas --Stay tuned for a really long and love-filled review because I adore this book. 

Least Favorite Book Read: Maiden by Chris Sorensen
# of Pages Read: 2,790

July TBR:

      Since I've bought/received 21 books this past month, I've definitely needed to read more! I've become so distracted by Netflix lately...it's awful! I plan on participating in the Biannual Bibliothon! 



The Biannual Bibliothon is hosted by a group of BookTubers and during the readathon, you create a TBR that revolves around the group of challenges that the hosts create. This time, there are 7 challenges:

1. Read The Group Book - The Unexpected Everything by Morgan Matson
2. Free Choice/ Wild Card Book
3.Read a Book Off of the Host’s List of Recommendations

-Momo’s Choice - The Clockwork Scarab by Colleen Gleason: https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/1...

-Selena’s Choice - Starcrossed by Josephine Angelini: https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/9...

-Kelly’s Choice - Maybe Someday by Colleen Hoover: https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/2...

-Red’s Choice – Sorta Like a Rockstar by Matthew Quick: https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/6...

-Emma’s Choice - More Happy Than Not by Adam Silvera: https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/1...

-Meagan’s Choice - The Archived by Victoria Schwab: https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/1...

-Kassie’s Choice – Abarat by Clive Barker: https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/7...

4. Read a Book With Your Favorite Mythical Creature
5. Read a Book You’ve Been Putting Off Picking Up
6. Read a Book from an Author You’ve Never Read Before
7. Read a Book in a Different Format than You Usually Read

      There are also video challenges, but because I do not have a camera, I cannot complete those challenges this year. If you'd like to check out those challenges, then I recommend that you check out the Biannual Bibliothon's YouTube channel: {click here}.

The read-a-thon starts on July 3rd and ends on the 9th. Books can be doubled up for challenges, but cannot be used three times. 

      This year, it took a little bit of time for me to develop a decent TBR. Like Caz from LittleBookOwl on YouTube, I managed to chose a few chunky books for my TBR...I'm not proud, but I am excited to read this batch of books. I know I won't read all of them, but I've been planning to read them anyway so I might as well plan this out. ;)

Here are the books I plan on reading that week!

Challenge 1: Obviously, I had to choose The Unexpected Everything by Morgan Matson. I just got it in the mail, and I'm so excited to read it. I've been waiting forever to read it.

Challenge 2: This will be optional because any of the books mentioned could be used for this challenge, but I think I'm going to try to read The Outsiders by S.E. Hinton. 

Challenge 3: I can't fufill this challenge because I do not own any of these books, but I have read 2/6 of these books. I've read Starcrossed by Josephine Angellini my freshman year and I've read Maybe Someday by Colleen Hoover last year. 

Challenge 4: For this challenge, I chose The Hidden Oracle by Rick Riordan. I'm not sure what creatures this book has in it, but I love every creature that Rick features in his books.

Challenge 5: For this challenge I chose The Good Braider by Terry Farish. I've been meaning to read it for over a year, and I'm finally going to read it.

Challenge 6: The Good Braider will also be for this challenge because I've never read any of Terry Farish's books before.

Challenge 7: For this challenge, I'm going to read Hopeless by Colleen Hoover. Colleen recently announced a sale for a couple of her books and I had a bit of money left on my Amazon account, so I bought the ebook version of Hopeless for Etienne, my Kindle.

~~~

For the rest of the month, I've planned to read the rest of the review books that have been sent to me and to read some books that I've been dying to read. Here is the complete list of books that I want to read:



  1. The Outsiders by S.E. Hinton*
  2. The Unexpected Everything by Morgan Matson*
  3. The Good Braider by Terry Farish*
  4. Hopeless by Colleen Hoover*
  5. The Hidden Oracle by Rick Riordan*
  6. The Rose & the Dagger by Renee Ahdieh
  7. Six of Crows by Leigh Bardugo (not shown)
    • This is the LivTheBookNerdBookClub book of the month, so if you'd like to join the Goodreads group and discuss with us, then click the link and stay tuned for the full announcement tomorrow!
  8. Phage by Mark Tamplin+
  9. The Álfaerën Legacy by Marc Jacobs+
  10. Kitty Hawk and the Curse of the Yukon Gold by Iain Reading+

+Review copies 
*Biannual Bibliothon books
Books I Have To Read

I know this TBR is pretty ambitious, but I'm so excited to read these books.


      This month my friend Julia and I were planning on buddy reading The Good Braider and Six of Crows. I've never buddy read anything with anyone before, so I'm pretty excited to read these with Julia. I don't think we'll be reading a specific amount of pages (or follow along with each other), but I think we'll just be reading it at the same time. I'm really excited to do this.

If you'd like to keep up with what I'm currently reading, then follow me or friend me on Goodreads! All of my social media links are down below!

Comment down below what you plan on reading this month!

Happy reading everyone!
Olivia
~LivTheBookNerdBlog~
@LivTheBookNerd on Books


No comments:

Post a Comment