Tuesday, November 1, 2016

City of Bones (The Mortal Instruments #1) by Cassandra Clare

256683
Page Count: 485
Published on: March 27, 2007 
Published by: Margaret K. McElderry Books
Genre(s): YA, Fantasy, Paranormal, Romance, Urban Fantasy, Supernatural, Fiction
Source: Paperback
Age Rating: PG-13
Where To Find ItGoodreads // Amazon
Twitter: @cassieclare

My Rating: stars










Goodreads synopsis:

      When fifteen-year-old Clary Fray heads out to the Pandemonium Club in New York City, she hardly expects to witness a murder― much less a murder committed by three teenagers covered with strange tattoos and brandishing bizarre weapons. Then the body disappears into thin air. It's hard to call the police when the murderers are invisible to everyone else and when there is nothing―not even a smear of blood―to show that a boy has died. Or was he a boy?

      This is Clary's first meeting with the Shadowhunters, warriors dedicated to ridding the earth of demons. It's also her first encounter with Jace, a Shadowhunter who looks a little like an angel and acts a lot like a jerk. Within twenty-four hours Clary is pulled into Jace's world with a vengeance, when her mother disappears and Clary herself is attacked by a demon. But why would demons be interested in ordinary mundanes like Clary and her mother? And how did Clary suddenly get the Sight? The Shadowhunters would like to know... 

      Exotic and gritty, exhilarating and utterly gripping, Cassandra Clare's ferociously entertaining fantasy takes readers on a wild ride that they will never want to end.



~~~

Hey, guys!

      So, I'm finally going to binge read the Mortal Instruments series...I know! Finally! I've actually read City of Bones before, but I don't think I read it completely. I think I read a good chunk before I accidentally returned it to the library. I actually bought the first two books in paperback a while back and just never got to rereading City of Bones and reading City of Ashes at all. I'm so glad that I've read them now because...wow...I've been missing out on a great series and the fandom is so large and diverse. I can't wait to finish the series and to be able to join in the craziness. I don't want to be spoiled anymore on Tumblr guys! Anyway here are my main thoughts on the book. 

      City of Bones follows Clary Fray as she encounters strange people called Shadowhunters. People who hunt demons and protect humans from the evil things of the world. Clary's mother soon goes missing and Clary is pulled into the world of the Shadowhunters. This book was so addicting and I couldn't put it down. It was a great book to read during the first week of college. It's too bad that I don't have time to binge read anymore....

      I really loved the whole aspect of this book. The characters were so hilarious and the plot was really gripping and addicting. I really loved the chapters where Jace was narrating. I really enjoyed his character. He's such an ass, but he's endearing at the same time. He's one of the people that I feel like I would be really great friends with. 

      The supporting characters and minor characters were all really nicely written too. I really enjoyed the little bits with Alec, Isabelle, and Magnus. I see a really great ship when it comes to Magnus and Alec. I cannot wait for the rest of the series and The Bane Chronicles. I kinda ship Clary and Jace, but I'm kinda eh about it right now...I can't wait to get more of an explanation when it comes to books 3-6.

My review for City of Ashes will be coming really soon, so stay tuned!

Other Cassie Clare Books Reviewed:

Happy reading!
Olivia

~LivTheBookNerd~
@LivTheBookNerd on Books

No comments:

Post a Comment