Thursday, October 27, 2016

InSomnus by Molly Fennig

31422243
Page Count: 282
Published on: August 10, 2016
Published by: Createspace
Genre(s): I don't even know!
Source: Paperback - From author
Age Rating: PG-12
Where To Find ItGoodreads // Amazon
Twitter: @mollyfennig

My Rating: 1.5 stars












Goodreads synopsis:

      Bryony "Bryn" Winters can harm people by dreaming. With no control over whom she hurts, a condition called Somnus, Bryn can't even be sure she won't kill her own family. Protecting them means running away and trusting a mysterious company that possesses as much authority as amorality. And when Bryn meets Cedar Blackthorne, a Somnus with captivating eyes, she can feel he's hiding something. So why can't Bryn help trusting him? And what if she's making a deadly mistake?


~~~

Hey, guys! 

      I was sent a paperback copy of this book for an honest review. This will be a very honest review. I wanted to really love this book. I love reading books by young and upcoming authors, but I really did not like this book. It was cliche, the fantasy or dystopian world wasn't developed at all. The plot went everywhere. It was just a mess....I really wish that I liked this book but it needs extensive work...Maybe my Goodreads updates will kind of give you an idea of what I was saying all throughout my reading experience. Warning: I was really irritated so....

Guys....I had over 50 Goodreads updates. Within a couple minutes, I'd have another comment about the book that was either disappointing or I just got really pissed.... Here are a few of the highlights:

  • Insta-love. It was insanely annoying.
  • The characters gain random personality characteristics that would pop up randomly and then are either never mentioned again or are only mentioned when it was convenient. 
  • While I'm on the topic of convenience, everything happened way to conveniently. Almost every huge plot event was completely random or was a knock off of major events in other YA novels. 
  • The main character, Bryn, was so completely annoying. I cannot stand her. She's so whiny, inconsistent, and annoying. One moment she's a total badass, but then she's a total submissive weakling. 
  • There were so many bits of this book that I felt were basically from other popular YA novels. (Hunger Games, Red Queen, The Selection, Shatter Me, & Divergent). 
  • The main character was so dumb...she could never make up her mind. She made me so mad. If you read my Goodreads updates, then you'll probably get an idea of my frustration. 
  • The writing was not great for me...The characters were not written very well and they were very two dimensional. None of them acted their age, they didn't make any good decisions, they didn't use common sense at all, they didn't have natural reactions, and it was so annoying.
  • If you really don't want to read my updates, then I'll summarize it up a bit. (No I don't expect y'all to read them, but it kind of reveals my thought process while reading. I was just really disappointed. 
  • There were so many plot holes and the characters were so annoying and there was so much insta-love! I really hated it. This book was just a mess.

      I really wanted to love this book. I think Molly has the potential to be a great writer, but I felt like there needed to be more originality.... 

Reviews of Books Mentioned:


Happy reading!
Olivia
~LivTheBookNerd~
@LivTheBookNerd on Books

No comments:

Post a Comment