Wednesday, December 21, 2016

My Dream Book Conference Panel



Hey, guys!

      I was contacted by Eventbrite to share my dream author panel and answer a few questions pertaining to this cool project. Eventbrite is the largest self-service ticketing platform in the world that helps people find and plan events. Eventbrite has been working on a project where they encourage bloggers and online writers to share their favorite authors and create their own panels.

      If you would like to create your own panel, then there's no need to wait to be contacted by Eventbrite! You can create your own panel! This was such a fun prompt and this was so fun to write.

      I've actually created a panel that is separated into 5 genres that include 2 authors for each genre. I suppose it's a huge panel of authors that would be separated into 5 smaller panels where the authors would talk about their writing processes, their favorite characters, etc.





For this genre, I had to choose two of my favorite high fantasy authors. These two authors have taken over the literary world with their addicting writing and intriguing characters. I had to choose J.K. Rowling & Sarah J. Maas

Of course, I've read all of J.K.'s writing, but I've yet to finish all of Maas's released work. I'm totally obsessed with the Harry Potter series if you couldn't tell from my previous blog posts.

I had read some of Sarah J. Maas's writing a few years ago, but I hadn't kept up with her Throne of Glass series because I'm going to wait to binge-read the series once it's finished. I did start her Court of Thorns and Roses series this past year and I've totally fallen in love with it. The installments to this series are definitely going to be my most anticipated releases for the next few years. I'm so excited that this series is being extended to 6 books!

J.K. Rowling Reviews {click here}
Sarah J. Maas Reviews: {click here}

Image result for jk rowling




If you've followed my blog for very long then you probably know of my deep love for contemporary and romance novels. I have select few authors that I will always read, but these two authors are just wonderful and I would love to listen to them speak about their writing. I had to pick Morgan Matson & Rainbow Rowell.

Granted, Rainbow Rowell's most recent novel was a fantasy novel, but it was the fanfiction from her amazing novel Fangirl. Fangirl is probably one of my all-time favorite books. I relate to Cath so much and I just adore Rainbow's writing. I can't wait to see what she comes out with next. I'm dying for my fix.

Now let's talk about the lovely Morgan Matson. She is such a fantastic writer. She writes these amazing contemporary novels that have the perfect amount of romance, family, and friendship that leave you dying for more. Her latest novel, The Unexpected Everything, was absolutely fantastic. I couldn't handle how cute that book was. I can't wait for her next book. 

Morgan Matson Reviews {click here}
Rainbow Rowell Reviews {click here}

Image result for rainbow rowellImage result for morgan matson






A good chunk of my middle school years was taken over by the dystopian genre after The Hunger Games trilogy became so popular. I had to pick Kiera Cass and Tahereh Mafi for this catagory. They aren't necessarily the typical dystopian writers, but they do write some of the best dystopian YA fictiona around. I'm absolutely obsessed with Kiera Cass's Selection series and Tahereh Mafi's Shatter Me trilogy. I can't wait to read more of their books. 

Kiera Cass Reviews
The Selection series #1-3: {click here}
The Selection series #4 {click here}
The Selection series  5: {click here}
The Selection series novellas: {click here}
Tahereh Mafi Reviews
~Shatter Me {click here}
~Unravel Me {click here}
~Ignite Me {click here}
~Unite Me {click here}


Image result for kiera cass   Image result for tahereh mafi



I couldn't exclude the middle grade genre! I've been reading middle grade for most of my life, and I plan on reading much more of it, even as an adult. I've always been a fan of Michael Buckley and I've recently become a fan of Soman Chainani. Michael Buckley wrote the Sisters Grimm series which I have been reading and rereading for years. During the summer of 2015, I picked up The School For Good and Evil by Soman Chainani and I couldn't put it down. The whole series was fantastic! I can't wait for the final book in the series, Quest for Glory, to be released next year. 

Reviews:
The School For Good & Evil {click here}
A World Without Princes {click here}
The Last Ever After {click here}



Image result for michael buckleyImage result for soman chainani





These two authors are a couple of my favorites, but they have been deceased for quite some time. However, it would be an absolute pleasure to even listen to them speak, not to mention meeting them. L.M. Montgomery and Louisa May Alcott are probably two of the greatest writers, ever. I mean, that's my opinion, but their books are absolutely wonderful. Their writing styles are fantastic and I love the stories that they have created. 


Questions I Would Ask:

  • What inspired you to write your books?
  • Do you use real events and real people as inspiration for characters and scenes in your book?
  • Do your stories stay prominent in your mind even when you're not writing?
  • How do you document ideas when you're not near your laptop/pencil?
  • How do you write? Laptop? Paper/pencil? 

I thought this was such a cool concept. I'm really honored to be apart of this project. Comment down below the authors you would love to see on a panel and the questions you would ask! If you feel inspired to make your own dream book conference panel come to life check out Eventbrite's conference management tools to help planning a conference super easy!

Happy reading!
Olivia
~LivTheBookNerd~

@LivTheBookNerd on Books



No comments:

Post a Comment