Wednesday, December 7, 2016

[[TAG]] Make-up Book Tag



Hey, guys! 

I've always loved make-up and I was searching around the interwebs for some great makeup book tags, and I found The Book Rat's post from 2015 with her combined makeup book tags so I decided to do it too! I really love doing tags, so I hope you all enjoy!


Created by Beth AnneDana from lifeloveandbooks on YouTube


THE QUESTIONS

Questions from Beth Anne:


1. FOUNDATION: pick your favorite book that is the first book in a series


I usually always include a Harry Potter book in my tags, and today won't be an exception! Harry Potter & the Sorcerer's Stone by J.K. Rowling! Do I need to explain? I don't think so!

2. EYESHADOW: pick a book that has your favorite colors on the cover


Anna and the French Kiss by Stephanie Perkins. It's very pink, but the good kind of pink. On top of that! It's ombre! Hello, gorgeous! Click here for my review! {click here}. This was actually my first review ever on my blog, so this book has a very special spot in my heart. 

3. EYELINER: pick a dark & mysterious book


Oooh! I'd have to pick Little Nothing by Marissa Silver. I just read it in the beginning of November and it was so mysterious and strange. My review will be going up tomorrow!

4. MASCARA: pick a loooooong book


I haven't read any super long books lately, because I don't have time to commit (insert the saddest emoji), but one of my favorite super long books is probably any of the books in the Inheritance Cycle by Christopher Paolini. It's been maybe 5 years since I've read them, but I plan on reading them again once I've aquired my own copies of the books. I have copies of books one and two, but I can't binge read them until I have books three and four. I hope you understand my predicament. 

5. BLUSH: pick a book that had some cringe-worthy romance


Oh goodness...The romance in Perfected by Katie Jarvik Birch was just wow...The romance between Ella and the congressman's son was so cringe-y and Stockholm syndrome-y. I didn't enjoy the romance at all. You can read more about my issues with this novel here: {click here}

6. LIPSTICK: your favorite book kiss


Percy Jackson & Annabeth Chase in The Battle of the Labyrinth by Rick Riordan was legendary. I love this series so much. 

7. FINISHING POWDER: pick your favorite book that is the last book in a series


Winter by Marissa Meyer! You can read about my ramblings in my review that I posted in June. {click here}

These next few questions will be a bit like a quick-fire Q&A...I'll include a link to the reviews if I've written reviews for them.

Questions from lifeloveandbooks:


Acne Remover- What book would you "remove" from your memory?

InSomnus by Molly Fennig {click here}

Moisturizer- What book "covers all" of the things you look for in a book?
A Court of Mist & Fury by Sarah J. Maas {click here}

Eyebrow Pencil- What novella really "filled in the gaps" that the novels left?

Destroy Me by Tahereh Mafi {click here}

Eye Primer- What is your favorite world "building"?

anything Harry Potter! 
The Cursed Child {click here}
Fantastic Beasts {click here}

Eyeshadow- A book cover that perfectly reflects the book, and a book that does not

Does: The Hidden Oracle by Rick Riordan {click here}
Doesn't: Twilight by Stephanie Meyer

Eyeliner- A book that took you a few tries to get into?

City of Bones by Cassandra Clare {click here}

Lash Primer- The "longest" book on your shelf?

Probably Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix 

Mascara- Your favorite villain?
Probably Voldemort from the Potter books. I've yet to read Shadow and Bone and I haven't encountered the Darkling yet, so I'm just waiting until I start it to fall in love with another villain.


Bronzer- A "highlight" of your reading career?
Holy crap I don't know....Harry Potter, Percy Jackson, The Selection, A Court of Mist and Fury...I'll just name those for now.
The Selection {click here}
The Blood of Olympus {click here}

Lip Stain- A book that "stained" you?
HA! Again, Harry Potter, Percy Jackson, The Selection, A Court of Mist and Fury...THE FAULT IN OUR STARS!

Lipstick- A fun story about a book that has nothing to do with the actual book

I've probably already told this story, but when I went shopping with my friends about a month ago, we went into Books-A-Million...you know how we do...and we went to the section of the store where they had signed books. I didn't expect to find anything that I desperately needed, but we went up anyway because I wanted to look. Lo and behold, we found a signed copy of A Court of Mist and Fury! I literally grabbed it, sank to the floor, and giggled like an idiot. My twin sister Sarah, of course, knew about my fangirling tendencies because she lives with me, but Jenna and Courtney were a bit befuddled and laughed at me. Jenna was hilarious and just told me to get up and buy the book...So I did. I bought the book. So now I have 2 copies of ACOMF and I'm not even mad. 

So that's the tag! I'm not sure who to tag, so anyone can do it! 

I'm going to take this part of this tag give a little shout out to my friend Jensen who has an amazing YouTube channel. If you're looking for awesome makeup tutorials, vlogs, covers, and other awesome videos then I recommend that you subscribe to Jensen's channel! She works so hard and I love the content that she puts out! You can check out her channel and subscribe here! {click here}




Happy reading!
Olivia

~LivTheBookNerd~
@LivTheBookNerd on Books


No comments:

Post a Comment