Thursday, June 2, 2016

The Crown by Kiera Cass



Page Count: 279
Published on: May 3, 2015
Published by: HarperTeen
Genre(s): YA, Science Fiction, Dystopia, Fantasy, Romance
Source: Print: Hardback
Age Rating: PG-13
Where To Find ItGoodreads // Amazon 

My Rating: 5 stars

Twitter: @kieracass









Goodreads synopsis:

When Eadlyn became the first princess of Illéa to hold her own Selection, she didn’t think she would fall in love with any of her thirty-five suitors. She spent the first few weeks of the competition counting down the days until she could send them all home. But as events at the palace force Eadlyn even further into the spotlight, she realizes that she might not be content remaining alone.

Eadlyn still isn’t sure she’ll find the fairytale ending her parents did twenty years ago. But sometimes the heart has a way of surprising you…and soon Eadlyn must make a choice that feels more impossible—and more important—than she ever imagined.



~~~

Hey guys!

      Words cannot describe my love for Kiera Cass's writing. If you've been following my blog long, then you will most likely know of my little obsession with The Selection series. I've been finally finished the series...and I'm very upset about it! This series has been such a joy to read! I love it so much! I cannot believe that it's over...I've grown so attached to these characters and this amazing world. I don't want it to end! 

      Kiera's characters aren't for everyone, but I find them to be so raw and real. The characters make bad choices and mess up just like everyone else. The whole concept of Illea is so addicting and and it pulls you in really quickly. Whenever I pick up these books, I never want to put them down. In this case, my mom's fiance bought me this book around 3, I picked it up around 6, and finished it at 12:28 exactly. I took a couple cry breaks in between, but I basically read this book in under 5 hours....It's been a couple weeks and I still cannot form cohesive thoughts to express my eternal love for this book and this series. Kiera Cass has created a masterpiece of a series. I really don't know what to do with myself anymore! 

      The end of this book was absolutely perfect, and I really hope Kiera writes even more. I really want a novella that revolves around the wedding and another about Eadlyn's children. I literally need it...On that note, I am really happy about who Eadlyn ended up with. I totally shipped it throughout the two books. They are totally perfect together, and their personalities compliment each other wonderfully. 

      Kiera Cass wrapped up the loose ends of the series very nicely. Not only did she add more to the plot, she didn't leave any plot holes at the end. The fate of the suitors was handled really nicely, and I just loved what she did with the guys. I can't expand on that without spoilers, but let me tell yah...it's perfect. The personalities of the suitors were nicely developed and I fell for more than one by the end of the book. 

Character Development: A+
Romance: swoon-worthy & beautifully poetic
Pace: A bit rushed towards the end, but I think that's because I read it so fast
Overall: BEAUTIFUL! A+!!! I NEED MORE *sobs*...I literally can't

My Reviews:
I highly recommend this book, and I hope I convinced you to pick up these book. I love them so much....

Happy reading!
Olivia
~livthebooknerd~
@LivTheBookNerd on Books

No comments:

Post a Comment