Page Count: 338
Published on: October 2nd 2012
Published by: HarperCollins
Genre(s): YA, Paranormal, Science Fiction, Dystopia, Fantasy, Romance
Source: Print: Hardback
Source: Print: Hardback
I've just currently read Shatter Me by Tehereh Mafi, and oh. my. gosh! Now I know what all the hype is about! This book, and I'm sure the whole series just gets better and better, but this book is just so engaging and...just... read the synopsis and you'll get an idea of what I'm talking about...
The Goodreads synopsis:
"Juliette hasn’t touched anyone in exactly 264 days.
The last time she did, it was an accident, but The Reestablishment locked her up for murder. No one knows why Juliette’s touch is fatal. As long as she doesn’t hurt anyone else, no one really cares. The world is too busy crumbling to pieces to pay attention to a 17-year-old girl. Diseases are destroying the population, food is hard to find, birds don’t fly anymore, and the clouds are the wrong color.
The Reestablishment said their way was the only way to fix things, so they threw Juliette in a cell. Now so many people are dead that the survivors are whispering war – and The Reestablishment has changed its mind. Maybe Juliette is more than a tortured soul stuffed into a poisonous body. Maybe she’s exactly what they need right now.
Juliette has to make a choice: Be a weapon. Or be a warrior."
Hi again! So now you have an idea of what I'm talking about!
So this story follows Juliette who has been locked up in a government facility for 264 days, so almost a year, and she hasn't spoken to another person in, well, 264 days! So then they give her a cell-mate...Adam...
I can't give away any spoilers but I can write down what I loved about this book.
1) the characters
2) the language- it's just so flow-y and beautiful to read!
3) the world- it's so tragic but easy to understand how it came to be (duh stupid humanity)
4) I'm just going to say it Tehereh Mafi knows how to write a great make out sesh...just saying...it was so sweet and gahhh so cute! ASDFGHJKLP
5) Kenji! Hello! Comic relief! Hilarious! Loved him!
6) Little James is so fricken brave and sweet and just awww [♥️]
7) Why is there a Team Warner?!?! Hopefully that question will be cleared up when I read the rest of the books :)
8) ADAM! That's all.
9) Juliette is so bada**! Love her! Great character! Very well written! Quite tragic too but I'm loving it so far!
I rate this a 5 stars :)
I'm currently working on These Broken Stars by Amie Kaufman and Meagan Spooner so a review/post on that will be coming up soon!
Okay until later!
Happy New Year!
The First Cover The Second Cover
The Beautiful Tehereh Mafi