Wednesday, June 14, 2017

{Bookish Subscription Box} Illumicrate #1: May


Hey, guys!

     Back in April, I decided to subscribe to the amazing bookish subscription box Illumicrate for the month of May. I've been such a fan of this box for the past year and I had been debating about whether or not to drop $50 to subscribe for a month for so many months. I finally decided to splurge in April and order the May box. Anyway, this box was so fantastic! I am so happy that I ordered this box! It's so epic! So let's get into this unboxing! I couldn't manage to get a huge collective picture with everything, so here are the individual things!


Image result for illumicrate



The Books:


The Waking Land by Callie Bates (ARC)


Release Date: June 27, 2017

Goodreads page: {click here}

In this debut novel, a young woman must rediscover her ancient powers of earth magic to save a kingdom.














Release Date: 

Goodreads page: {click here}

A powerful and moving novel about bravery from the Guardian's "writer to watch" Non Pratt, perfect for fans of Rainbow Rowell, John Green and Holly Bourne. How far is too far when it comes to the people you love? Claire Casey hates being the centre of attention. But if it means getting Sef Malik to notice her, it’s a risk she’s happy to take. Sef is prepared to do anything to help his recently disabled brother. But this means putting Claire’s love – and life – on the line. Because when you're willing to risk everything, what is there left to lose?




Bookish Accessories





A corner book mark made from a map from Penguin Co. These aren't sold anywhere, but I'm sure you can find some around Etsy or other cool sites.












A pin for The Gender Games by Juno Dawson!

Goodreads Page: {click here}

Featuring insights from well-known gender, feminist and trans activists including Rebecca Root, Laura Bates, Gemma Cairney, Anthony Anaxagorou, Hannah Witton, Alaska Thunderfuck and many more, The Gender Games is a frank, witty and powerful manifesto for a world where what's in your head is more important than what's between your legs.








This was definitely my favorite item that was in the box. I'm such nerd for Merwild's art and the fact that Illumicrate featured her Feyre artwork in this box caused me to majorly fangirl. 

Merwild's Instagram Page: {click here}

Merwild's Redbubble Page: {click here}

Merwild's DeviantArt Page: {click here}

Merwild's Twitter Page: {click here}







Displaying FullSizeRender.jpgDisplaying IMG_6958.JPG

This adorable print and door hanger is from the incredibly talented TJ Lubrano! I've been a fan of TJ's art for months now, but I haven't bought anything from her (yet!). I was so excited to see her artwork in this box. It's so adorable and my sisters and I were totally geeking out over them. 


TJ's Website: {click here}
TJ's Instagram: {click here}

TJ's Etsy: {click here}

~~~


Displaying IMG_6952.JPG  Displaying FullSizeRender.jpg

Uh, how cute is this key chain? I'm such a nerd for enamel pins and nerdy key chains, so this is just so perfect for me...and it's Harry Potter! I only have one key at the moment, but this will be great when I get more... Wow that sounds so sad. But anyway, this key chain came with Elle's adorable business card with a % off coupon, so I can't wait to make my first purchase on her shop!


Etsy: {click here}

Instagram: {click here}

Twitter: {click here}

~~~

Displaying FullSizeRender.jpg

Okay, this candle is so freaking cute. I didn't know about FlickerInkUK before this month's box, but I'm so glad that they were featured. This candle is so adorable and it smells fantastic! I showed it to Bailey and she was really excited by the whole mermaid aspect. I expect her to be sneakily sniffing it pretty often. It smells so sweet and fruity and I'm definitely going to be checking out the Etsy site sometime. 

Etsy: {click here}
Twitter: {click here}
Instagram: {click here}

~~~


Displaying FullSizeRender.jpg

I'm not sure what these prints are supposed to be for, but I think they are so interesting and hopefully when I read the books from this box I'll figure out what they go to. If they don't go to the books in this box, I'm going to laugh. 
My favorite of the five have to be the "We were magic and fearless" and "to art and let go" prints. I'm not sure what they're to, but the quotes are so cool!

Displaying FullSizeRender.jpg

The last thing in the box was a bookmark for The Waking Land by Callie Bates. It is so pretty and I'm so excited to use it. The book sounds whimsical and magical, the premise is so intriguing, the reviews praise it so highly, and the main character sounds like a total bad***. I can't wait to pick it up.


What Is Illumicrate?

(Information taken directly from the Illumicrate website)

"Illumicrate is the subscription box for book lovers everywhere! We are dedicated to bringing you the best new releases and other fun things that book lovers are sure to enjoy."

Illumicrate is a quarterly subscription service which delivers you a newly released book and other things for book lovers! Subscriptions and gift subscriptions are automatically renewed every three months. 

Illumicrate Website: {click here}

What Is Inside?

Each crate will contain a newly released book from different genres. In addition to a fantastic book, we also send a variety of fun things! Examples are bookmarks, candles, stationery, tote bags, prints, and other small items that book lovers are sure to enjoy. Check out our Past Boxes for an example of what to expect! 

Illumicrate works with independent suppliers to ensure that the products that buyers recieve are top quality and design. Illumicrate makes sure that the items that are included are exclusive to Illumicrate. Illumicrate also works directly with publishers to provide exclusive content from the authors featured in order to enhance the reader's experience.

Where Does Illumicrate Ship?

Illumicrate is based in the UK, but ships internationally as well. 

What Does It Cost?

Illumicrate costs £29.99 per box, which includes free shipping in the UK! For international customers, additional shipping costs will be applied. 
($33.61 + tax & shipping)

How It Works

Step 1: Subscribe to Illumicrate

Keeping it simple with one subscription option for you or for a friend

Step 2: Your Illumicrate makes its way to you!

Illumicrate is mailed every three months.

Step 3: Enjoy your Illumicrate

Don't forget to share on your social media!


Questions? Check out their FAQ Page!

{click here

~~~

My Opinion On Illumicrate:

I am thoroughly impressed with Illumicrate. If I lived in the UK, I would definitely have a full time subscription. Unfortunately, I'm a poor college student so I'll just have to order a box every once and a while. I honestly think that for the U.S. price/my price it was definitely worth the $45-50 that I spent. This box had such an amazing variety of items and I'm definitely a huge fan now. I can't wait until I can afford another box.

I highly recommend this subscription box.

Happy reading, all!
Olivia
~LivTheBookNerd~
@LivTheBookNerd on Books Amino

No comments:

Post a Comment