Monday, May 4, 2015

A Time To Live by Jonas Lee


A Time To Live by Jonas Lee



Page Count: 290
Published on: February of 2015
Published by: Create Space
Genre(s): Science Fiction, Fantasy, Young Adult

Source: Provided by author (THANK YOU!)

Where To Find ItGoodreads // Amazon  

My Rating: 4.5 stars





Goodreads synopsis:

       Carter Gabel had to overcome a lot in the last year, and time travel as a side effect of his “genetic disease” was only the beginning. He’s lost his mother, reunited with his estranged father, crippled a city and destroyed his school. If he thought he could fade into the sunset, Carter has another thing coming. 

       A terrorist group known as Pirates has infiltrated his hometown to overthrow the Program designed to monitor those with potentially harmful abilities. Carter is a teenager, but he’s forced back into the mix as his grandson, David, has been put into a coma. He will have to try and stay out of sight as much as possible and work with new Eventuals along the way in order to stop the Pirates from turning Lincoln Square into a ghost town.

~~~

Hey guys!

       Mr. Jonas Lee not only sent me a couple fancy bookmarks he sent me his second published book. He sent me A Time To Live, which is the second installment of The Legend of Carter Gable series. Check out my review of the first book: A Time To Reap: [click here!]

       In the beginning of the book Mo and Carter are in hiding but that soon ends and they are thrown back into the action. They go after the Pirates who have taken over his hometown and are planning something epic-ly awful. Carter and his team have to work together to stop them.

       I really liked this! It was hilarious and Carter was snarky and sarcastic and everytime he talked I literally busted a gut laughing. This book left me on the edge of my seat wanting to read the next one! If you love sarcastic characters you will love Carter in A Time To Live! I thought that Mr. Lee's writing in A Time To Live has improved drastically compared to A Time To Reap. His characters are so quirky and hilarious and I love how Mo and Carter interact. The way Jonas wrote about the interactions between Mo and Carter are so freaking cute! It reminds me so much of how I've felt before...Some of the thoughts Mo and Carter send to each other are hilariously inappropriate, but that just makes it even more funny. I loved the new characters and I hope that they would be featured in the third book. 

      Great job Mr. Lee! I can't wait to read what you write next! Everyone should read his books! Hopefully in the future I am able to get my hands on a printed copy of A Time To Reap to be able to have the whole series in print. :P

Favorite Quote(s): 

"Who gets stuck with a nemisis with a name that ignites such terror as Eric? Shoot me. In the face." page 4

"'Sorry, My name is Junction.
I can't resist. 'Like Conjunction Junction?' Yes classic! I would give myself a high five if it didn't look as if I were simply clapping my hands together." page 7

Favorite Characters: Mo and Carter

~~~

Thank you Mr. Jonas Lee for sending me the book marks and this lovely book! It's such a joy to read your writing!!!!!!

Follow Jonas Lee on his social media:

Twitter: @AuthorJonasLee 
Google+: +Jonas Lee 
Instagram @Jonas605
Youtube: {click here!}

Enjoy!
Olivia
~livthebooknerd~

No comments:

Post a Comment