Monday, June 29, 2015

The Statistical Probability of Love at First Sight by Jennifer E. Smith



Page Count: 236 
Published on: January 2nd 2012
Published by: Poppy
Source: Print: Hardback: Library
Genre(s): Contemporary, Realistic Fiction, Young Adult, Romance

Where To Find ItGoodreads // Amazon


My Rating: 4 stars






Goodreads synopsis:

Four minutes changes everything. Hadley Sullivan 17 misses her flight at JFK airport, is late to her father's second wedding in London with never-met stepmother. Hadley meets the perfect boy. Oliver is British, sits in her row. A long night on the plane passes in a blink, but the two lose track in arrival chaos. Can fate bring them together again?


~~~

Hey guys!

        I figured since I really like Jennifer E. Smith's novels: This Is What Happy Looks Like & The Geography Of You & Me, I'd like The Statistical Probability of You & Me. And I actually like it just as much as The Geography Of You & Me. It didn't impress me as much as This Is What Happy Looks Like, but it was still quite entertaining. I for one don't believe in love at first sight either, so I was kind of skeptical in starting this. This book has convinced me that you can fall in love with someone "at first sight".

        This is an adorable book about grief, love, and acceptance. I loved how Jennifer E. Smith dealed with the subject of divorce. I could relate with Hadley personally and I loved to read about her process of dealing with it. I love how Jennifer E. Smith writes. She writes her works like any other contemporary but will slip in a flashback that will explain the little details of the plot. This novel made me feel the emotions of the characters. It didn't make me cry which was a let down, but I came close. But it made me FEEL! I love books that make me feel something. Jennifer E. Smith will make you feel something, that is a given. Another idea in the premise that I loved was that the novel takes place in the span of 24 hours, and it's a legitimate book! 

       This novel follows Hadley and Oliver as they meet at the JFK airport. They're both going to London, Hadley to her father's wedding, and Oliver...well to London (read to figure out why I'm so secretive :) ) And throughout the story are Hadley's memories that give us more insight into her past and her character motivation. Throughout the whole duration of the book, my favorite parts had to be when Oliver and Hadley were bantering during their plane ride. They were just so adorable to "listen" to them. I don't think that Hadley and Oliver automatically fell in love. I think that they fell in love with each other over the course of their plane ride. And if anything I think they were intrigued by their personalities and their experiences. They were definitely attracted to each other which was super sweet and their love story was super cute. 

        The only reason I'm giving this 4 stars is because at times it was kind of cheesy and I felt like it could have been better but over all it was really entertaining and a really cute story. I will definitely read more of Jennifer E. Smith's works. She know what she's doing.

I'd rate in order (by my preferance): This Is What Happy Looks Like as NUMBER 1; The Statistical Probability of Love at First Sight as NUMBER 2; The Geography Of You & Me as NUMBER 3.

My Jennifer E. Smith Reviews:

  1. This Is What Happy Looks Like
  2. The Geography Of You & Me
        I'm really excited to read Happy Again, which is a continuation of This Is What Happy Looks Like. I really loved This Is What Happy Looks Like; and Hello, Goodbye, & Everything In Between, which is another novel.  

ALSO I REALLY REALLY LOVE ALL OF THE COVERS FOR JENNIFER E. SMITH'S NOVELS THEY ARE PERFECTION! ASLALFHALFHAKHFK

Enjoy guys!
Olivia
~livthebooknerd~
Twitter // Instagram // Tumblr // Goodreads // Bloglovin

No comments:

Post a Comment