Monday, June 8, 2015

The Spiderwick Chronicles (#2~#5) by Holly Black and Tony DiTerlizzi

The Spiderwick Chronicles by Holly Black and Tony DiTerlizzi 

Hey guys! 

So, I pick up the Completely Fantastical Edition of the Spiderwick Chronicles from my local library and let me tell you, I don't know why I haven't read this series until now! This was so cute, and the end was so well written and soooo satisfying. I'm excited to read the spin off trilogy which takes place in Florida. I absolutely loved Tony DiTerlizzi's illustrations and I loved the Spiderwick Sketchbook at the end of the CFE and I loved reading about how he decided what to draw and what Holly wanted to be illustrated and put into the finished novels. I especially loved the illustrations of the elves and the sprites.

 images found on Google






Here are my ratings for the series


#1: The Field Guide = 4 stars
#2: The Seeing Stone = 4 stars
#3: Lucinda's Secret = 4 stars
#4: The Ironwood Tree = 4 stars
#5: The Wrath Of Mulgarath = 4 stars

        I've already done a review of the first book of the series, The Field Guide, and so, I cannot complete explain the entire plot of each book. If you'd like to see my summary of the plot check out my review of The Field Guide by clicking the name above. [click here] for the Completely Fantastical Edition's Goodreads link! .

If you love middle grade, and if you love:


       All of the series above are middle grade and a few of the series that I read in middle school. All are basically magic related and a type of fairy-tale retelling and I'd rate them 5 stars, 4 stars, and for P&TSC would be 5 stars for the first 3 books and the last 2 books would be about 3.5~4 stars. :D

Enjoy guys!
Olivia
~livthebooknerd~


No comments:

Post a Comment