Wednesday, October 28, 2015

Top 5 Wednesday: Beauty & the Beast Retellings


Hey guys!

       It's that time again! It's Wednesday! This week's #T5W is about my top 5 favorite Beauty & the Beast retellings. Oh my gosh I've read so many B&B retellings it's insane...to be honest I've read so many retellings this past summer...I am unashamed. So here are my top 5 Beauty & the Beast retellings!


1: A Court Of Thorns & Roses by Sarah J. Maas


This is one of my top 15 favorite books that I've read in 2015. Oh my gosh...This book is so amazing. I cannot stress this enough! READ IT! It's so amazing!!! I've actually gotten my sister to read it and one of my friends, Julia, bought it and I recommend it to everyone who asks for fantasy recommendations :D

You can check out my review {HERE!}

You can also check this amazing book here:






2: East by Edith Pattou



I've read this book twice now and geez it's my favorite retelling of East o' the Sun, West o' the Moon which is a Norwegian retelling of Beauty & the Beast. I've read 3 retellings of EOSWOM and East is by far my favorite. It's so beautifully written and gahhh I can't explain how much I love it. You will fall in love with the characters and the setting and the story. It's fantastic! The last time I read it was in August of 2014 but the first time was probably in 2012.
My Rating: 5 stars

You Can Find It Here: 

Goodreads // Amazon // Book Depository


3: Beauty by Robin McKinley



So it's been a while since I've read this beauty, but Beauty is probably one of the first B&B retellings. My twin sister bought this in middle school, and I read it after her and we both adored it. The story was so cool, and it was actually really original considering it's a retelling. Even though it's been a while since I've read it, I still remember the ending really clearly and I remember I really wanted a sequel...and I think there is one, but I haven't picked up yet...oops.

My Rating: 4.5 stars but I need to reread it

Where To Find It: Amazon // BD // Goodreads



4: Beastly by Alex Flinn

This book was a huge...trend I guess? The local library held this contest where 7th & 8th graders read 10 books and studied them and re-read them until they basically knew everything about them. We'd go to the public library and my school would compete against the teams from the public schools. This book was so popular because the Battle Of The Books Team absolutely raved about it! Everybody loved this book. I loved this book. I highly recommend this book guys. Alex also has some awesome retellings of Sleeping Beauty, Rapunzel, Red Riding Hood, Snow White, and a take on the Witches perspective. These are really good books!
My Rating: 5 stars
Where To Find It: Amazon // BD // Goodreads


5: Ice by Sarah Beth Durst


I read this because it was on the recommended books list from East, and I really enjoyed it. I wrote up a review if you want to check it out :) 
Check out my ramblings here:

My Review: {click here}

My Rating: 4.5 stars

Where To Find It: Goodreads // Amazon // BD






I hope you guys enjoyed this #T5W :) I enjoy putting these up for you guys, and I hope that someday I can make some YouTube videos so you guys can interact in the comments with me. Comment down below your Top 5 Favorite Beauty & the Beast Retellings! If you have a specific bookish topic you want me to discuss, then comment it down below and I will give you my top 5 favorites.

Enjoy! Happy Reading!
Olivia
~livthebooknerd~


No comments:

Post a Comment