Tuesday, May 3, 2016

The Wicked Will Rise by Danielle Paige

22693307

Page Count: 293
Published on: March 31, 2015
Published by: HarperCollins
Genre(s): YA, Fantasy, Retellings, Paranormal, Adventure, Romance
Source: Print: Paperback
Age Rating: PG-13

Where To Find ItGoodreads // Amazon  

Twitter: @daniellempaige

My Rating: 5 stars






Goodreads synopsis:

In this New York Times bestselling sequel to Dorothy Must Die, who is good—and who is actually Wicked? The Wicked Will Rise is perfect for fans of richly reimagined fairy tales and classic tales like Marissa Meyer’s Lunar Chronicles and Gregory Maguire’sWicked.

My name is Amy Gumm—and I’m the other girl from Kansas. After a tornado swept through my trailer park, I ended up in Oz. But it wasn’t like the Oz I knew from books and movies. Dorothy had returned, but she was now a ruthless dictator. Glinda could no longer be called the Good Witch. And the Wicked Witches who were left? They’d joined forces as the Revolutionary Order of the Wicked, and they wanted to recruit me.

My mission? Kill Dorothy. Except my job as assassin didn’t work out as planned. Dorothy is still alive. The Order has vanished. And the home I couldn’t wait to leave behind might be in danger.

Somehow, across a twisted and divided land, I have to find the Order, protect the true ruler of Oz, take Dorothy and her henchmen down—and try to figure out what I’m really doing here.

~~~

Hey guys!

    If you have read my review for Dorothy Must Die, then you will know that I am absolutely obsessed with this series! The first book totally blew me away, and Danielle Paige's writing style is fantastic and I can't wait to finish the series. I read The Wicked Will Rise within a week of reading Dorothy Must Die, and I absolutely adored it. After reading it, I got a huge book hangover and I'm still desperately waiting to get my hands on the third book, The Yellow Brick War...Someday soon...

      TWWR was just as great as DMD, if not better. The character development and the plot development throughout the book was fantastic compared to DMD. Though TWWR is considerably smaller than DMD, it was still full of information and awesome plot twists. It was so fast paced and very well done. There was so much going on, and Amy's character grew soo much....Some would argue that she developed negatively, but I really liked what Danielle Paige did with her character. She's so interesting and complex...I can't wait to see what happens in TYBW. She's so wicked, yet good...passive, yet aggressive. She has no idea what she's doing, and she doesn't know who to trust...Neither do I! I love going along on this journey! I have no idea how Danielle Paige is going to conclude this series...it's so mysterious and I JUST NEED THE NEXT BOOK AAAAAAAH!!!!

      The one thing that didn't really grind my gears was Nox...I have a hard time sympathizing with him or even trusting him...I just don't really like him yet...I mean I liked him in DMD, but he seemed unlike himself in TWWR...I didn't like it..

My Review of Dorothy Must Die:{click here}
My Review of The Wizard of Oz: {click here}

My Favorite Character: Amy
My Least Favorite Character: Nox (for now)

Other Retellings That You Would Love:
I hope you all enjoyed this review!
Happy reading!
Olivia
~LivTheBookNerd~

No comments:

Post a Comment