Wednesday, March 1, 2017

Series That I Won't Be Finishing {#1}


Hey, guys!

      I've been meaning to share this list with you for a while, but I guess I've just been putting it off, but let's just get into it! I've narrowed down these into three categories: "Series I Won't Be Finishing", "Series I'm Wary About Finishing", & "Series I Couldn't Get Into". For the second category, I'd like to have some feedback from you all. If you would tell me if I should finish this series, then I'd love

I will provide reviews which will explain my reasons for not finishing the series more than I could in a two-paragraph blurb. 

Series I Know I Won't Be Finishing:

  • The Thousandth Floor series by Katherine McGee
  • The Kingdom of Oceana series by Mitchell Charles
  • The Looking Glass Wars series Frank Beddor
  • The Unbecoming of Mara Dyer series by Michelle Hodkin
  • The Caster Chronicles by Kami Garcia & Margaret Stohl
    • I read the first books in the Caster Chronicles and the Mara Dyer trilogy in either middle school or my freshman year. I wasn't really impressed so I don't ever plan on finishing them. 

Series I'm Debating About Finishing:

  • The Matched Trilogy by Allie Condie
    • I've read the first book in this trilogy and I really loved it. It's been years since I've read it, but I'm still pretty interesting in reading the series. Unfortunately, I've only heard negative things about books 2 & 3....So I'm wary.
  • The Vampire Academy series by Richelle Mead
    • I read the first three books in this 5-book series, and I tried to read book four...and it sucked! It was so boring! I'm considering just skipping book 4 and going straight to book 5. Lemme know if you'd recommend that.
  • The Delirium Series by Lauren Oliver
    • I adored(!) this trilogy! And then the 3rd book wasn't out and I had to wait a year and a half and never finished the series. I want too, but that would mean another reread and I feel like I never have time to reread. I do, but I overwhelm myself. 
  • The Giver Quartet by Lois Lowry
    • I've heard great things about this series. I read The Giver in 8th grade and I watched the movie (finally!) 
  • The Immortals series by Alyson Noel
    • I also read the first three books in this series in middle school and I just didn't finish it because of reasons. Lemme know if it's something I should finish!

Series That I Tried To Start, But Couldn't Get Into:

I honestly have no interest in these series. I couldn't get into them, and the last two don't appeal to me at all. My friend Cam from one of my classes adores the Raven Cycle and she's really encouraging me to give this series another try, so I might. But she's still trying to convince me.

Happy reading!
Olivia
~LivTheBookNerd~
@LivTheBookNerd on Books Amino (app)


No comments:

Post a Comment