Friday, January 15, 2016

Friday Favorites [1/15/2016]


Hey guys!

      So much has happened this week, one event being the death of Alan Rickman. Alan Rickman, the actor who not only played Severus Snape in the Harry Potter movies, the Sheriff of Nottingham from Robin Hood: Prince of Thieves, Sir Alexander Dane from Galaxy Quest, and so many other roles in fabulous films. When I heard the news of his death, I was so devastated to find out about his battle with cancer, and 69 seems to be so young and too soon to die. Alan Rickman was a fantastic actor, and his fantastic skill and hilarious personality won't be forgotten. 

      I've decided that I want to do a blog post at least once a month to share with you my "Friday Favorites", but it is not only just my Friday reads, but it will be basically my monthly favorites. So here are my January favorites!

My Favorite Movies This Month:

  • Galaxy Quest
  • Pride and Predjudice
  • Anne of Green Gables

My first favorite has to be the movie Galaxy Quest. I actually just watched it for the first time, and I adored it. It reminds me so much of Doctor Who, and it was just the right amount of adventure, science fiction, and amazing actors to tickle my fancy. The cast is so talented, and the story line and plot is so addicting. I couldn't get enough of it. The show that the characters were in in the movie should be a real show. I would watch it constantly.


My second favorite movie this month has to be Pride and Predjudice. The cast is spectacular, the story is amazing, and I just adore it. I really need to read the book all of the way through, because I have attempted to read a third of it, but I struggled at the time, so I put it off. I can't wait to try to read it again.

Anne of Green Gables, the version with Megan Follows, is so fantastic. It is by far one of my favorite movies. The way the book is adapted into the movie is so beautifully done, and the cast is fantastic. Like when I'm reading the book, I wish to be with the characters and be apart of the story. The book and the movie are fantastic. 

My Favorite Songs:

  • If I Could Fly by One Direction
  • Love You Good Bye by One Direction
  • Teenage Dirtbag by Wheatus
I've found myself listening to these songs over and over again, loving them. Teenage Dirtbag is so catchy and I love the vocals. If I Could Fly has been one of my favorite songs since November of 2015 when the album was released. I absolutely love One Direction's newest album, and I'm so proud of what they have become. The lyrics to their song seem to describe my life, my feelings, and their vocals express their feelings throughout their songs, and I just love this album with my whole heart.


Random Things That I Have Been Obsessed With This Month:
  • One Direction and James Corden's performance of "Drag Me Down" during James' Carpool Karaoke segment.
  • White chocolate raspberry cheesecake from The Cheesecake Factory


My Favorite January Read (so far):

  • The Queen of the Tearling by Erika Johansen 


















My Favorite Quote of the Month:



















My Current TBR List:
  • The Maze Runner by James Dashner
  • The Looking Glass Wars by Frank Beddor
I hope you all are having a great month, and I hope you have a great 2016. Until next time, happy reading!
Olivia
~livthebooknerd~


No comments:

Post a Comment