Thursday, April 28, 2016

Kill the Boy Band by Goldy Moldavsky

25184383
Page Count: 320
Published on: February 23, 2016
Published by: Scholastic
Genre(s): YA, Contemporary, Humor, Thriller
Source: Print: Hardback
Age Rating: PG-12

Where To Find ItGoodreads // Amazon  

Twitter: @goldywrites

My Rating: 4 stars









Goodreads synopsis:

Just know from the start that it wasn’t supposed to go like this. All we wanted was to get near them. That’s why we got a room in the hotel where they were staying.

We were not planning to kidnap one of them. Especially not the most useless one. But we had him—his room key, his cell phone, and his secrets.

We were not planning on what happened next.

We swear.

From thrilling new talent Goldy Moldavsky comes a pitch-black, hiarlious take on fandom and the badass girls who have the power to make—or break—the people we call “celebrities.”


~~~

Hey guys!

     I had heard about this book on Goodreads when scrolling through the books that had been recommended to me. When I was out shopping with my aunt one day, and I totally geeked out when I saw it..and she bought it for me...How great is she! Anyway, I read it this past month and I really liked it. There were a few parts of the book that I didn't like though...

     Though this book was really entertaining and funny, I found the situation really unrealistic, as a fangirl, I found the serious portrayal of fangirls to be really...scary..The girls were so warped, and they took their fandom and the lives of the guys way too seriously. The fandom life was portrayed to the highest extreme..and I really only could relate a little to the main character...but I would have handled the whole situation that they stuck themselves in differently. This whole book gave me a One Direction-fanfiction-y vibe. I could relate to the character's love for their favorite band members, but they were very naive yet way too serious all at the same time...I also was kind of irritated with Rupert P's character...If a band member (in real life) made the choices and comments that P made, then he'd be fired and he'd become a social pariah! 

      I first thought this was going to be a light and hilarious contemporary, but it ended up being almost like a thriller...I mean it was comical, but it was twisted! It got dark really quickly and I'm not sure if I liked it...It made me question my fangirl existance and I didn't like it one bit. I shouldn't have to justify my passion for something awesome..

Overall the book was really entertaining and addicting, but I didn't like how fangirls were portrayed...I also really liked the cover, the end pages, and the look of the actual hardback. This book was just really beautiful. :)

My 1D Fangirl Stats: 
Favorite Member of One Direction: Harry Styles
Number of times I've seen 1D in person: 2
Number of times I've met the boys: 0

If You Like ____, You'll Like Kill the Boy Band!
  1. Fangirl by Rainbow Rowell
  2. Since You've Been Gone by Morgan Matson
  3. The Cellar by Natasha Preston
I hope you all enjoyed this review! Happy Thursday everyone!
Happy Reading!
Olivia
~LivTheBookNerd~



@livthebooknerd on BooksAmino



No comments:

Post a Comment