Friday, August 18, 2017

{Friday Reads #1} Currently Reading 8/18 ~ 8/20


Hey, guys!

I'm currently a mess and I can't make up my mind when it comes to committing to a book. I currently have 6 books on my currently reading shelf, which is absolutely ridiculous. I'm currently committed to Heir of Fire by Sarah J. Maas, but I also want to read and finish the other 5 books on my shelf. It's crazy! 


~Currently Reading~

These are the books that I am currently actively reading. I am a mess and I can't make up my mind. 

  • Strange the Dreamer by Laini Taylor
    • Currently on: page 109/536
    • Super slow, but I like it. I needed something fast paced for my anxious mood before the semester starts.
  • Heir of Fire (Throne of Glass #3) by Sarah J. Maas
    • Currently on: page 113/565
    • My fast paced read to make up for the slow going of StD. 
  • Ready Player One by Ernest Cline
    • Currently on: page 175/372
      • I'm currently listening to this book on audio with my boyfriend, Alex. It's a re-listen for him and a reread for me. I read this book back in 2015. 
      • My 2015 Review: {click here}

~Currently on Hold~

      These are the books I've put on hold, but I know I'll get back into. There are some books that I enjoy, but I get bored. I'm not usually one to have 7 books on my currently reading shelf, but that's who I've become this summer. Save me. 
  • City of Glass (The Mortal Instruments #3) by Cassandra Clare
    • Currently on: 292/541
    • I put this on hold because I wasn't feeling the Shadowhunter vibes. I sometimes go back to it when I get in the mood or when I'm not in the mood for my current read. I love it, but for some reason, I'm not on the edge of my seat to finish it right now.  
  • Daughter of the Blood (The Black Jewels #1) by Anne Bishop
    • Currently on: 135/384
    • I put this on hold for a readalong or for a book club book. It's really dark, so I'm waiting until I'm back into that dark mood. It's also really heavy, so it's a book I'd need to be in a specific mood for. I kinda want to go back to it soon. It's not one of those books I think I'll DNF. 
  • Uprooted by Naomi Novik [not shown]
    • Currently at: 286/435
    • I've kind of had this on my currently reading shelf for 2 years...I should finish this book. I don't own it, but I can always access it at the library I work at. 

As you can see, I'm a mess. For some r, ason nothing is holding my interest, but I still want to read the books! I really don't know what's going on. My brain does not want to process great books! 

Comment below if you've ever gone through this. I'd love to find a fellow mess of a reader. 

Happy reading!
Olivia
~LivTheBookNerd~
Twitter // Instagram // Tumblr // Goodreads // YouTube // Bloglovin // Book Depository @LivTheBookNerd on Books Amino


No comments:

Post a Comment