Tuesday, August 15, 2017

{Review} All the Feels by Danika Stone

29222548
Page Count: 366
Published on: June 7, 2016
Published by: Swoon Reads
Genre(s): YA, Contemporary, Romance, Realistic Fiction
Source: Paperback - personally purchased
Age Rating: YA
Where To Find It: Goodreads // Amazon // Book Depository
Twitter: @



My Rating: 4 stars







Goodreads synopsis:

College freshman Liv is more than just a fangirl: The Starveil movies are her life… So, when her favorite character, Captain Matt Spartan, is killed off at the end of the last movie, Liv Just. Can’t. Deal.

Tired of sitting in her room sobbing, Liv decides to launch an online campaign to bring her beloved hero back to life. With the help of her best friend, Xander, actor and steampunk cosplayer extraordinaire, she creates #SpartanSurvived, a campaign to ignite the fandom. But as her online life succeeds beyond her wildest dreams, Liv is forced to balance that with the pressures of school, her mother’s disapproval, and her (mostly nonexistent and entirely traumatic) romantic life. A trip to DragonCon with Xander might be exactly what she needs to figure out what she really wants.


~~~

Hey, guys!

     This is another book that I read for the booktube-a-thon! Oh my gosh I read so many amazing nerdy books that week! This was definitely one of them. My main issue was that the main character was so melodramatic that it got pretty annoying. The friendships, the relationships, and the nerdiness in this book were just fabulous and I wanted so much more after I finished. Not to mention, the main character's name is Liv! We're so different, but so alike! 

     Liv is in her first year of college turns to crap when her favorite character is killed off in her favorite movie franchise. Liv is a wreck. She cannot handle it. After a long period of moping and wallowing in sorrow, Liv decides that she can't just let Captain Spartan die. She and her best friend Xander decide to begin a #SpartanSurvived campaign through the use of social media and the fandom community. As she begins her campaign, Liv has to figure out how to balance her school, her friends, and her family. 

     I really enjoyed this book. The whole fandom aspect was really fun to read about and I really loved how Liv pushed to show her love of fandom was normal. Granted, she didn't handle her grief at times, but she really did grow as the book continued on. I really enjoyed her character growth. She was really melodramatic throughout, but it only really bothered me because it could have been avoided with communication skills. She just didn't communicate well enough, so I got annoyed. 

    Xander was supe cute. I loved that he always cosplayed in steampunk or 19th century stuff. He was super sweet and I loved the way he spoke. I was thrown off at first, but it was so cool. I loved it when he got excited and just slipped back into really random modern slang. His love for McDonalds gave me life. He and Liv's friendship is the best. I want more friendships like that in YA. 

    There were only a couple things that I didn't like about this book. One was Liv's constant melodramatic attitude and the other was her issues with her mother. Their drama and beef was never actually resolved at the end of the book. I would have hoped for some kind of happy ending when it came to thier relationship, but I don't consider it resolved. 

    Overall, this book was pretty cute. I recommend it to the nerdy fandom readers out there. 

Other Books You Will Love:
Happy reading!
Olivia
~LivTheBookNerd~


Twitter // Instagram // Tumblr // Goodreads // YouTube // Bloglovin // Book Depository @LivTheBookNerd on Books Amino

No comments:

Post a Comment