Friday, August 7, 2015

The Distance Between by Kasie West

Page Count: 312
Published on: July 2, 2013
Published by: Harper Teen
Genre(s): Contemporary, Chick-Lit, YA, Realistic Fiction, Romance
Source: Print: Paperback
Age Rating: PG-13

Where To Find ItGoodreads // Amazon

My Rating: 5 stars

Twitter: @KatieWest




Goodreads synopsis:

Seventeen-year-old Caymen Meyers studies the rich like her own personal science experiment, and after years of observation she’s pretty sure they’re only good for one thing—spending money on useless stuff, like the porcelain dolls in her mother’s shop.

So when Xander Spence walks into the store to pick up a doll for his grandmother, it only takes one glance for Caymen to figure out he’s oozing rich. Despite his charming ways and that he’s one of the first people who actually gets her, she’s smart enough to know his interest won’t last. Because if there’s one thing she’s learned from her mother’s warnings, it’s that the rich have a short attention span. But Xander keeps coming around, despite her best efforts to scare him off. And much to her dismay, she's beginning to enjoy his company.

She knows her mom can’t find out—she wouldn’t approve. She’d much rather Caymen hang out with the local rocker who hasn’t been raised by money. But just when Xander’s attention and loyalty are about to convince Caymen that being rich isn’t a character flaw, she finds out that money is a much bigger part of their relationship than she’d ever realized. And that Xander’s not the only one she should’ve been worried about.

~~~

Hey guys!

        So I read this book for the #BookTubeAThon and I didn't start it til Wednesday of the BTAT. I basically read it in one sitting...guys! It was so good! I really loved the characters' personalities, and all of the characters were so concrete and amazingly written. The love story wasn't totally insta-lovey, and the story was actually quite detailed for a book that was just a little over 300 pages.

What I Loved:

  • The doll store. I found it hilarious that Caymen's mother owns a doll store. That was so funny, and the sarcastic jokes that Caymen makes about dolls cracked me up throughout the book.
  • When Caymen constantly criticized Xander's attitude to his face I was laughing. She put him into his place most of the time and I absolutely loved it. 
  • I loved how there's more to Xander than meets the eye. His personality was super cute and charming. I totally fell in love with his character.
  • This was my first Kasie West book, but reading this book it made me want to read the rest of her books. Her writing is amazing and I'm really excited to read them all. 
  • The banter and humor in this book was so well done! It wasn't too cheesy and their banter is really witty and hilarious. 
  • Kasie West knows how to write really amazing characters. No one felt underdeveloped or pointless. Everyone mentioned felt like they had a part of the plot and it was just kind of perfect.
  • This wasn't the stereotypical rich boy meets poor girl and they fall in love and the poor girl gets harassed by the media and their love is tested blah blah blah. No. This was beautifully written and I loveddd it.
What I Didn't Like:

  • OK, I didn't not love anything. This book was almost perfect! The only thing I felt like was a bit weird was that the ending was kind of rushed but it was a really satisfying ending so it was A-OK :D

       
Guys, you will love this book. It's a perfect summer-y contemporary. It's quick and the romance is sweet and just perfect-o. You guys need to read this book. :P

Enjoy and happy reading!
Olivia
~livthebooknerd~
Twitter // Instagram // Tumblr // Goodreads // Bloglovin

No comments:

Post a Comment