Thursday, December 10, 2015

{Series Review} The Hunger Game Trilogy by Suzanne Collins


Page Count: 
      1. The Hunger Games: 374
      2. Catching Fire: 391
      3. Mockingjay: 392
Published on: 
      1. The Hunger Games: September 14, 2008
      2. Catching Fire: September 1st 2009
      3. Mockingjay: August 24th 2010
Published by: Scholastic Press
Genre(s): YA, Fantasy, Sci-Fi, Romance, Adventure, Apocolyptic, Action
Source: Print: Paperback
Age Rating: PG-14
Where To Find It: 
      1. The Hunger Games: Amazon // GR
      2. Catching Fire: Amazon // GR
      3. Mockingjay: Amazon // GR

My Ratings:
      1. The Hunger Games: 5 stars
      2. Catching Fire: 5 stars
      3. Mockingjay: 4.75

Goodreads synopsis:

Winning will make you famous.
Losing means certain death.

The nation of Panem, formed from a post-apocalyptic North America, is a country that consists of a wealthy Capitol region surrounded by 12 poorer districts. Early in its history, a rebellion led by a 13th district against the Capitol resulted in its destruction and the creation of an annual televised event known as the Hunger Games. In punishment, and as a reminder of the power and grace of the Capitol, each district must yield one boy and one girl between the ages of 12 and 18 through a lottery system to participate in the games. The 'tributes' are chosen during the annual Reaping and are forced to fight to the death, leaving only one survivor to claim victory.

When 16-year-old Katniss's young sister, Prim, is selected as District 12's female representative, Katniss volunteers to take her place. She and her male counterpart Peeta, are pitted against bigger, stronger representatives, some of whom have trained for this their whole lives. , she sees it as a death sentence. But Katniss has been close to death before. For her, survival is second nature.
 



~~~
Hey guys!

       If you don't know about the Hunger Games trilogy then you must be dead. This series has been a huge part of my life since I was in middle school. The Hunger Games trilogy was such a huge trend in my joint seventh and eight grade, and everyone would fight over who had dibs to read the books first. These books were so addicting and captivating, and to be honest I hadn't read the books since my first time in seventh grade. It had been four years and I remembered nearly every detail...except I couldn't remember much from Mockingjay...It's actually really weird but I only remembered the basic plot points from the book. When I re-read it a few days ago, I realized that I hadn't read it as well or I blacked out while I was reading it...I don't know, but I really loved it the second time. Anyway, on to my summary of the trilogy. 

       The Hunger Games takes place in a post-apocalyptic world where the world called Panem. Early in the history, a rebellion led by the 13th district leads Panem into a huge war. At the end of the war, The Capitol wins, and the Capitol forces the districts to choose 2 kids, 1 girl and 1 boy. They are forced to fight to the death in an arena. Katniss Everdeen lives in the poorest district, District 12, and when her 12 year old sister is chosen to compete in the Hunger Games, Katniss volunteers to take her place. Katniss has to compete and win the Hunger Games.

       I love this series, The Hunger Games has to be my favorite of the trilogy and Mockingjay has to be my least favorite but none of the books are unsatisfactory. The only reason Mockingjay is my least favorite of the trilogy is because I felt like it was a little bit slower than the previous two. 

       The characters are just so amazing and strong. Katniss is such a fantastic character...she is, at first, kind of hard to love, but once you get to know your character you start to understand her motives. Peeta...oh my goodness...Peeta! He's such a good guy! I could only dream to have a guy that cares for me like he cares for Katniss. Peeta is one of my all time favorite book boyfriends...Anyway, the characters in this series are so cool! They're so wonderfully written and kickass..I just love them. I love reading Katniss and Peeta's story and seeing them grow as characters. Some people just don't understand what they've gone through. They're literally 17 year olds who've gone through war and poverty and psychological abuse. They literally had to kill kids their own age and younger. They're kids who had to go through a horrific tragedy. They are broken they have PTSD! This series is so dark, but it's not too far off from what could potentially happen to the world. Sometimes I literally see stuff that the world does that reminds me of the capital. I will literally say "Yup...That's what the Capital would do too..."

This is one of my all time favorite series, and if you haven't read this trilogy, then you have to! I highly recommend it! You will go through every emotion through this series...it' so well written and one of the best series around.

My Favorite Character(s): Katniss & Peeta
My Favorite Ship(s): Peeta x Katniss & Finnick x Annie
My Favorite of the Series: The Hunger Games

This trilogy is just a masterpiece and I just highly recommend that you read it. It will not disappoint!

Enjoy!
Happy reading!
Olivia
~livthebooknerd~


No comments:

Post a Comment