Thursday, December 3, 2015

Girl Online On Tour by Zoe Sugg

Page Count: 352
Published on: October 22, 2015
Published by: Keywords Press
Genre(s): Coming of Age, YA, Contemporary, Romance, Chick Lit, Realistic Fiction 
Source: Print: Hardback
Age Rating: PG-14

Where To Find ItGoodreads// Amazon

Twitter@ZozeeBo

My Rating: 5 stars





Goodreads synopsis:


The sequel to the number-one bestseller Girl Online. Penny joins her rock-star boyfriend, Noah, on his European music tour.

Penny's bags are packed.

When Noah invites Penny on his European music tour, she can't wait to spend time with her rock-god-tastic boyfriend.

But, between Noah's jam-packed schedule, less-than-welcoming bandmates and threatening messages from jealous fans, Penny wonders whether she's really cut out for life on tour. She can't help but miss her family, her best friend Elliot . . . and her blog, Girl Online.

Can Penny learn to balance life and love on the road, or will she lose everything in pursuit of the perfect summer?



~~~

Hey guys!

      If y'all have been following my blog since it was started in December of 2014, you would know of my love of Girl Online by Zoe Sugg (Zoella on YouTube). I absolutely adored her debut novel, and I was so excited to read the sequel Girl Online On Tour. At first I was kind of skeptical of Zoe's choice for the plotline, but I actually really loved this book. I actually lent it to Courtney to read and she started it on a Friday and finished it on a Sunday. She and I love this book so much and we love Zoe so much.

     Girl Online On Tour is a continuation of Penny and Noah's story a few months after they make their relationship official. Noah invites Penny to go on tour with him, and with a crazy schedule, crazy fans, and threatening messages this situation couldn't turn out well. As the story goes along, Penny has to face her fears and move on. This book is such an amazing summery romance. This was exactly what I needed, and I just love it so much.


      I feel like Penny grew so much more as a character, and I just love how she learns to accept herself for her quirks and knows how to deal with her anxiety not only by herself, but she knows to get help when it gets too tough. That's a really strong and brave thing to do. I also like how realistic the tour life is described. I know Zoe hasn't experienced tour life first hand, but I know that Zoe knows a lot about it, and it wasn't portrayed as "totally rad" and "perfect in everyway", and it was portrayed to be hard and stressful like it is. 


       This book had a fanficiton-y vibe to me, but not a poorly written fanfiction. When I think of fanficiton, I think of the really well written fanficiton that makes me feel all kinds of emotions and makes my heart literally and physically ache for the characters. Zoe manages to not only make my heart ache for Penny and Elliot and Noah but she makes me laugh with them, made me totally angry, and made me so freakishly happy. 


You Can Check Out My REVIEW OF Girl Online << Here! (This was one of my first so excuse the weird format it's in)


Fans of  _#_  Will Love Girl Online On Tour:


I hope you guys enjoy Girl Online On Tour as much as I did! I really don't care if the books are ghostwritten like some people say. I can totally tell that Zoe worked hard on these books, and I know she wrote most of them. I'm super proud of her!

Enjoy! Happy Reading guys!
Olivia
~livthebooknerd~

No comments:

Post a Comment