Wednesday, December 2, 2015

Top 5 Wednesday [#7]: Favorite Long YA & MG Series


Hey guys! 

      It's Wednesday again! I decided that I wanted to share with you guys my favorite longer middle grade and young adult series. I've read and finished a lot of books, but I really love a nice long book series. I consider longer series to be about 5+ books in a series and sometimes, if the books in a quartet are long I might consider it to be it to be a long series. 


1. The Harry Potter series by J.K. Rowling (7)


My all time favorite long series is definitely the Harry Potter series. There are 7 books in the Harry Potter series. I've read all of the books at least 8 times each and I think I've read the second 9 times. I love these books so much.
My Favorite Of The Series: It's a tie between the 1st, the 4th, the 6th, & 7th.  I love the first because it's the beginning of the best series ever. I love the 4th because the story is just so amazing and I love the different schools. I love the 6th because I love the scenes in the Wizard Wheezes store :D. I love 7th because it's the perfect end to a phenomenal series. I need more.


2. The Sisters Grimm series by Michael Buckley (9)


This series is so fantastic. My grandma actually introduced this series to me when she randomly started it. This series is so amazing. The plot is so cool, the characters are hilarious, the magic is so facinating, and the stories are so much different than you know them. This is kind of a fairy tale retelling but also has a hint of urban fantasy, adventure, but it's mainly a mind blowing fantasy series that I absolutely adore.

My Favorite Character(s): Sabrina & Puck & Red
My Ship: Sabrina x Puck
My Favorite In the Series: 2 & 3




3. The Bloody Jack series by L.A. Meyer (12)


My sister and I found this series at our local library, and Sarah got really into it and read the first few books, but I didn't get into it until the summer before my junior year of high school. This series is just a fantastic whirlwind of history, action, romance, and adventure. I love the characters and story so much. You never know what's going to happen next, and it's just so original and fun. 

My Favorite Character: Jacky
My Ship: Jacky x Jaimy



4. The Pendragon series by D.J. MacHale (10)


This was another series that I discovered when I first ventured into the YA section of my local library. These books are so original and unique. I love this series so much. It's a mix of time travel, fantasy, sci-fy, and adventure & it's just a roller coaster of emotions. These books are so well written and so fun to read. I really need to reread them soon!
My Favorite of the Series: The Lost City of Faar (#2)
My Favorite Character: Bobby Pendragon





5.  The Septimus Heap series by Angie Sage (7.5)


I discovered this series when I noticed the first book in this series, Magyk, when I bought it one day. The cover is what first drew me in. The covers of the books are so gorgeous and well thought out. They literally look like a spell book that is used in the series. This series is strictly middle grade, and doesn't stray from the middle grade writing style, but it doesn't ever get uninteresting. The characters and plot is so interesting and I love the magycal world and the magyk system so much! The books are just really really good guys.

My Favorite Book of the Series: Magyk (#1)





I hope I've swayed you a bit to give these awesome series a go. They're pretty long but they are so worth it! These are mainly fantasy, but they are so different and fun! I hope you guys pick these awesome series up some time!

Enjoy & Happy Reading!
Olivia
~livthebooknerd~ Twitter // Instagram // Tumblr // Goodreads // Bloglovin



No comments:

Post a Comment