Saturday, December 19, 2015

Winter Break/ Bookmas & Winter Cram-a-thon TBR/Weekend Reads {12/18~12/22}


Hey guys!

       Exams week is finally over, and it's time for my Christmas Break! I've been looking forward to this break since my Thanksgiving Break in November..haha. This weekend and in the next couple weeks, there are going to be at least two read-a-thons that are coming up. I know that Hailey (Hails Hearts nyc) from BookTube's Bookmas read-a-thon has already started and will continue until December 25th. I also know that Whitney's (from WhittyNovels) Winter Cramathon is starting either tonight or tomorrow night, and I want to hop on that train and read the crap out of my books. Here are the books I want to read for these read-a-thons!


~~~


Now, the Cram-A-Thon has 8 challenges, and some Reading Sprints that are hosted by Whitney and Danni on Twitter. I'm really excited to get back to reading because I'm halfway through Obsidian by Jennifer L. Armentrout, which is a re-read, but I'm re-reading the first two to continue on with the Lux series.

Here are the challenges for the Cram-a-Thon!
  1. Read an audiobook or eBook
  2. Read a bind-up
  3. Finish a series
  4. Read a book under 200 pages
  5. Finish a book you DNF'd (Did Not Finish)
  6. Read a graphic novel series
  7. Read 5 books total
I actually won't be trying to complete all of the challenges, but I'm just going to try to read as much as I can, and read what I want to read. 

Now the Bookmas read-a-thon is kind of more for vloggers, and because I don't have access to start a BookTube channel yet, I'm just going to post some mini-videos on Instagram, so keep an eye out! Bookmas has 12 challenges, and for the read-a-thon the whole idea is to read what you want and as much as you can, which is totally awesome. 

The 12 Days of Bookmas Challenges Are:
  1. Create a BookTree
  2. 2 Awful Endings
  3. 3 Best Friends
  4. 4 Cozy Reads
  5. 5 Hours of Crying
  6. 6 Over-hyped Books
  7. 7 Fantasy Worlds
  8. 8 Fantastic Classics
  9. 9 Kick Ass Ladies
  10. 10 Book Boyfriends
  11. 11 Villians
  12. 12 Great BookTubers

I think I'm going to do a joint post on Monday to catch up with the days that I missed, so keep an eye out for that too.

Here are the books I want to read in the next couple weeks!


  1. The Best Christmas Pageant Ever by Barbara Robinson
  2. Defriended by Ruth Baron
  3. On the Bright Side, I'm Now the Girlfriend of a Sex God (The Confessions of Georgia Nicolson #2) by Louise Rennison
  4. Lux Beginnings: Obsidian & Onyx (#1 & 2) by Jennifer L. Armentrout
  5. Lux Consequences: Opal & Origin (#3 & 4) by Jennifer L. Armentrout
  6. Lux Opposition (#5) by Jennifer L. Armentrout 


       So the Lux series could be counted for challenges two and three and The Best Christmas Pageant Ever could be for challenge four. I do not have any unread graphic novels at the moment, and I don't have any books that aren't from the library that I have DNF'd. I also do not have many audiobooks, and I don't particularly want to read any eBooks right now, so I'm not going to make myself...well, I have quite a few on my Kindle that need to be read, but that's for another time. 

       One of my friends leant me her copy of Defriended on Friday, because she had described it to me and it intrigued me, so I'm going to read it while I'm on break. I think this could be really interesting, and it will be my first dip into the horror genre.

       I read the first book in the Confessions of Georgia Nicolson series in the beginning of December, and while it didn't thrill me as much as I had hoped, I decided to read on with the series and see if it improves as Georgia grows up a little, because I did not like her much. I hope On the Bright Side, I'm Now the Girlfriend of a Sex God is an improvement to the story, and the characters improve some.

      My grandma also was going through her old books, and gave my sister quite a few paper backs of her favorite books, and The Best Christmas Pageant was one of them. It seems to be kind of self explanatory, and it looks to be a really cute little story. It most likely won't take more than an hour to read because it's under 200 pages.

      To be honest I'm about 5 pages from finishing Obsidian by Jennifer L. Armentrout..and by the time I put this up tomorrow (Saturday) I will probably be starting Onyx.

      Ok the 12 Days Of Bookmas started on the 12th and ends on the 24, and the Winter Edition Cramathon starts  on the 19th, and ends on the 22nd, so get your TBRs ready! I don't know about you guys, but I'm so ready! I'll probably stray from this TBR, but this is my goal, and I may read the third book in the Georgia Nicolson series, and I may read The Maze Runner...The world will probably know on Wednesday haha. Keep tabs on the LivTheBookNerd Instagram because I'm going to be on it quite a bit these next couple weeks, and I'll update y'all with what I'm currently reading and what-not. 


Links To Check Out For the CRAMATHON & Bookmas:








Whitney and Danni are the hosts for the CRAMATHON this year, and they are hosting Twitter sprints and video updates when the read-a-thon starts. Hailey is the host of Bookmas, and she's posting videos every day until December 24th. Their videos are so amazing, and I highly recommend that you check them out :)

Enjoy!
Happy reading!
Olivia
~livthebooknerd~
Twitter // Instagram // Tumblr // Goodreads // Bloglovin    



No comments:

Post a Comment