Monday, February 1, 2016

January 2016 Wrap Up


Hey guys!

This month has been such a productive reading month! I'm so happy with the books that I've read this month, all of them were such good books, and they made the beginning of 2016 so much fun. I've read 8 books and 2 novellas this month. Here are the lovely books that I read this month!

25110515
I started out my month with the lovely novel by Jesse Andrews; Me, Earl, & the Dying Girl. This book was actually a bit of a disappointment. I found the it to be really irritating towards the end. I really liked the characters for the most part, but the relationships between them were un-natural, and strangely under developed. The characters behaved weirdly, and weirder than normal.

My Review: {click here}
My Rating: 4 stars

Where to Find It: Goodreads // Amazon 




12283261



The continued my month by reading Between the Lines by Jodi Picoult & Samantha Van Leer. I absolutely adore this book. This book has the vibe of a story book, but it also has a YA vibe...if that makes sense. I make much more sense in my review. I just adored this book. My first Jodi Picoult book, and not my last.

My Rating: 5 stars
My Review: {click here}

Where to Find It: Goodreads // Amazon








The third book that I read this month was the amazing The Queen of the Tearling by Erika Johansen. This book was fantastically written and I loved it so much. The whole story was so fantastic, and I adored the characters. The main character. Kelsea, was so badass and well rounded. I can't wait to read The Invasion of the Tearling. I need to pick it up from my local library or bookstore.

My Rating: 5 stars
My Review: {click here}

24737347Where To Find It:  Goodreads // Amazon



Newt's Emerald by Garth Nix was my first dip into the world that is the phenomenon of Garth Nix. Unfortunately I wasn't very impressed. I mean it was entertaining, but it wasn't the best of the best. There is a lot of hype around Garth Nix's books, and I was hoping for the best. Maybe I wasn't familiar of what the genre entails, and maybe I misunderstood what genre the book was considered. I think the whole book was really good, but because it was a stand alone I expected more from it I suppose.


My Rating: 3.75 stars
My Review: {click here}

Where To Find ItGoodreads // Amazon
25944381

Cruel Crown by Victoria Aveyard was also a bit of a disappointment. Overall, it was satisfying to read, and really entertaining, but it didn't add much to the story at all. It still made me really excited for Glass Sword, and it had a sneak peek to the first few chapters, but I've refused to read it because I don't want to torture myself. I really want to read Glass Sword, so I will wait.


My Rating: 3 stars
My Review: {click here}


Where To Find ItGoodreads // Amazon

44170



This was the first book that I picked from my TBR Jar, and I was really excited to read it. My mom and her boyfriend bought me this book for my birthday in October, and I was really excited to read it, but I never got the chance to read it. The Looking Glass Wars was just what I needed at the time. The whole story was so well written and kind of addicting. I really loved the characters, the world, and the magic system. I can't wait to finish up the series within the next couple of months.

My Rating: 5 stars

My Review: coming soon!

2801635Where To Find Them: Goodreads // Amazon


I picked up Seeing Redd, the second book in the Looking Glass Wars trilogy, automatically from my school library. Seeing Redd wasn't as good The Looking Glass Wars, but it was full of action and political intrigue. I kind of felt like this was a filler book. I wish that I knew more about Alyss and more about the creatures that resided in the Wonderland world. It's not hard to understand the world, but it's kind of hard to picture some of he creatures that Beddor describes.


My Rating: 4.25 stars
My Review: coming soon!
Scarred
Where To Find It: Goodreads // Amazon


I was approached by Joanne Macgregor to read her lovely contemporary novel, Scarred. Right from the get go, I was totally into this book. Sometimes the review books that I get sent are really badly written, and I can't even get through them. This book was so great, and the characters were so well rounded, and the romance and story line was so amazingggg. I can't wait to read more of Joanne's work.


My Rating: 4 stars
My Review: coming soon!

Where To Find It: Goodreads // Amazon




I downloaded a copy of Bad Luck by Pseudonymous Bosch off of NetGalley when I got an email that had P. Bosch's name in the subject. I've been a huge fan of Bosch's books for about 5 years..? Anyway, I adored his Secret series when I was in middle school, and managed to get Reagan {click here for reviews} to read them before she started to seriously read. We bonded over the books, and that's how we started to read together. Bosch's writing is very near and dear to my heart, so I was ecstatic to read his next book...and it did not disappoint. While it wasn't as good as the Secret series, it was still very funny, very well written, and I adored the characters.
Release Date: February 9, 2016
My Rating: 4.75 stars
My Review: coming soon!
Where To Find It: Goodreads // Amazon



     This was such a great reading month, and I'm really pleased with the books that I read. None of the books were below a 3 star rating, and all of them were fairly satisfying to read. I'd have to say that The Queen of the Tearling was my favorite book that I read this month, and Cruel Crown or Newt's Emerald were my least favorites. It's hard to compare books that I like, because all of the books were very good and I recommend them to everyone.

     I apologize for how late this wrap up is compared to my previous wrap ups, this past weekend was an unusually busy one, and even though it was pretty fun, I forgot to post the wrap up. I hope you all had great reading months, and I hope you enjoyed this post.


Enjoy!
Happy reading!
Olivia
~livthebooknerd~


No comments:

Post a Comment