Wednesday, February 17, 2016

Top 5 Wednesday [#11}: YA Contemporaries


Hey guys!

      It's been a couple weeks since my last Top5Wednesday post. I have been brainstorming and thinking up of the lists that I could discuss, but I think I'm going to discuss my favorite YA contemporaries. I've read a lot of romance and contemporary novels, so I've come across some pretty cliche novels. I've actually written out a list of 7 options, but I suppose I'll have to narrow it down to 5..*wink*. Ok, here are my top 5 favorite YA contemporaries!


1. Anna/Lola/Isla by Stephanie Perkins




This is by far one of my all time favorite companion series..and probably some of my all time favorite books. The characters are so wonderfully written, the plot is beautiful and addicting, and the way that Stephanie Perkins connects the characters and their stories is genius. I plan on rereading the books sometime this year.

My Review for Anna: {click here}  ~ 5 stars
My Review for Lola: {click here}  ~  5 stars
My Review for Isla: {click here}  ~  5 stars



2. Fangirl by Rainbow Rowell




Oh. My. Gosh. How do I describe my love for this book. This book ties with Anna/Lola/Isla. I relate so much with Cath in this book, and her character is one of my all time favorites. I can only wish and hope that I find someone as amazing as Levi to have in my life. I adore everything that Rainbow does with this book. I'm probably going to reread this book this year too... 

My Review for Fangirl: {click here} ~ 5 stars








3. Since You've Been Gone by Morgan Matson



This is by far my favorite Morgan Matson book. The characters are great, the plot is hilarious and addicting, and it made me cry. When I try to convince my friends to read this book I make random screechy noises...This book is just soo well written, and so emotional. I think I want to reread this one too...

My Review of SYBG: {click here} ~ 5 stars









4. The Fault In Our Stars by John Green


11870085
This book is so great. There is actually a lot of controversy about this book, but I love this book for it's "quirks". I mean I can understand some of the controversy, and how some people disagree with how John Green made his characters, but I really love his writing. I love his writing style, I love his characters, and I love basically everything he writes. I love Hazel Grace & Augustus Water's story, and I need to reread this one for the third time...

My Rating: 5 stars







5. Girl Online by Zoe Sugg


22510983
This was one of the first books that I read in January of 2015, and I loved it. The characters are so cute, the romance is adorable...and though some of the plot is really predictable or cliche, but I liked how it was done, and it totally screamed Zoe. I just adore this book. I highly recommend this book. It's super cute!

My Review for Girl Online: {click here} ~ 5 stars








I highly recommend these books. They're super cute, and really well written. I plan on reading these books again this year. These characters are so fun, their stories are adorable. I can't wait to hear what you have to say about these books...

Happy reading everyone!
Olivia
~livthebooknerd~



No comments:

Post a Comment