Thursday, October 22, 2015

Where the Staircase Ends by Stacy Stokes

Page Count: 250
Published on: April 14, 2015
Published by: Month9 Books
Genre(s): Contemporary,  Fantasy, Magical Realism, 
Source: Print: Paperback
Age Rating: PG-13
Where To Find ItGoodreads // Amazon 

My Rating: 4 stars

Twitter: @stacyastokes







Goodreads synopsis:

After her best friend orchestrates the lie that destroys her reputation, Taylor wants more than anything to disappear from her life. But when an accident turns this unspoken wish into reality, instead of angel-filled afterlife, Taylor must climb a seemingly endless staircase into the sky. Instead of going up, the journey plunges her into the past. As she unravels the mystery behind her best friend's betrayal, she must face the truth about her life and find the strength to forgive the unforgivable -- unless the staircase breaks her first.

~~~

Hey guys!

      Where the Staircase Ends follows Taylor as she is struggling to deal with her best friends's betrayal which causes her to become a social pariah amongst her peers. As Taylor is trying to cope and figure out why her best friend has betrayed her, she is suddenly killed and sent to a never ending staircase that she has to unwillingly climb. As she continues to climb she encounters ghost like people that cause her to remember events of her life that are both good and bad. As she relives those memories she has to discover what caused her friend's betrayal, and decide whether to "forgive the unforgivable". 

       Stacy Stokes wrote the high school world almost perfectly. She recorded the student's minds so well. I loved how she subtlety showed the readers how twisted high school can be, because sometimes it really is! My school isn't as bad as this, but the way the students acted in this wasn't very far off. The book was mainly flashbacks, but it wasn't written so it was confusing at all and I loved that.
    
       I really enjoyed this book. I don't think it's the very best book I've ever read, but I really enjoyed the story and the heavy subjects it dealt with. This book deals with peer pressure, drinking, abusive relationships, death, forgiveness, and it kind of had a love triangle. I enjoyed the love triangle, but you can kind of tell who Taylor wants to be with. This book doesn't only take place on the staircase. The events that took place from before she ended up on the staircase. The characters were actually more complex then I thought they would be. They had such profound personalities, and even if I didn't actually like them, I knew the causes behind their actions. I kind of respected the characters more because Stacy put so much thought into them. 

       Overall this book was really good. I really enjoyed the premise and the plot and the characters were really well thought out. 

My Favorite Character: Justin & Taylor
My Least Favorite Character: Logan 
My Ship: Taylor x Justin

Enjoy!
Olivia
~livthebooknerd~




No comments:

Post a Comment