I cannot believe that I didn't get to posting my July book haul, but oh well. It was definitely a wonderful month for reading and for acquiring books. I'm really pleased with all that I bought/acquired. However! August was an even bigger month for acquiring books too. I really did not mean to acquire over 30 books in August, but it happened. Before the end of the month, though, I gifted or traded some books that I did not buy for myself or was gifted.
Here are the stacks and stacks of books that I acquired in the past couple of months!
*Please be aware that I did not buy the majority of these at their full price. I'm not as excessive as this book haul makes me out to be. Promise. I am excessive, but not "nearly 50 books" excessive.*
- The Whisper Network by Chandler Baker
- My Amazon Prime Day purchase! Thank you, Amazon for coupons!
- Gods of Shade and Shadow by Silvia Moreno Garcia
- my YA BOTM pick!
- Three Women by Lisa Taddeo
- one of my BOTM picks!
- Things You Save In A Fire by Katherine Center
- another BOTM pick!
- Mississippi Jack by L.A. Meyer
- $3 hardback? Thank you Half Priced Books!
- In the Belly of the Bloodhound by L.A. Meyer
- another $3 hardback? Thank you Half Priced Books!
- The Pisces by Melissa Brandes
- I splurged and bought this lovely book at an indie bookstore in Indianapolis!
- The Bookish Life of Nina Hill by Abbi Waxman
- I also bought this at Half Priced Books, new, but at a reduced price!
Gifted and Traded
- Writer's Market Guide to Getting Published
- How to Write a Book Proposal (3rd edition)
- A massive thank you to my pastor and his wife for gifting me these awesome books for writers!
- ((ARC)) The Unexpected Everything by Morgan Matson
- Landline by Rainbow Rowell
- ((signed)) Eleanor and Park by Rainbow Rowell
- One Day In December by Josie Silver
- ((signed, sprayed edged Owlcrate edition)) Heart of Iron by Ashley Poston
- Where'd You Go Bernadette by Maria Semple
This month was such a wild ride. I only personally purchased 5 of these books, but I'm quite excited about the books that I was sent this month.
- A Conjuring of Light (Shades of Magic #3) by V.E. Schwab
- I picked this up at Joseph-Beth Booksellers Cincinnati. I was originally going to pick up Nevernight in hardcover, but they didn't have it in stock. I'm so glad that I picked this book up. I'm so obsessed with this series right now.
- Godsgrave (Nevernight #2) by Jay Kristoff
- This is a signed first edition from Barnes and Noble!
- This month, I won a gift card from my job to B&N for the summer reading program.
- Well Met by Jen DeLuca
- This is one of the books that I picked for my BOTM monthly subscription!
- Queenie by Candice Carty-Williams
- This is another book that I picked for my BOTM box!
- Pumpkinheads by Rainbow Rowell and Faith Erin Hicks
- I had the pleasure of going to Cincinnati for the first tour stop for Rainbow and Faith's book tour for Pumpkinheads! It was such a wonderful experience and meeting them was a dream come true!
- My book is SIGNED!
Yes, I did purchase these, but not by choice. These don't count!
- White Teeth by Zadie Smith
- Middlesex by Jeffrey Eugenides
- Americanah by Chimamanda Ngozie Adichie
- The Namesake by Jhumpa Lahiri
- Recursion by Blake Crouch
- I actually found this book at my job's free little library! So!!!!! It basically fits in this category! I got it for freeeeee!
- The Friend Zone by Abby Jimenez
- I was sent this book through a trade!
- Frankly In Love by David Yoon
- This lovely ARC was also acquired through a trade!
- Fire by Kristin Cashore
- Another trade! My Graceling trilogy is complete!
- Sky In The Deep (Russian edition) by Adrienne Young
- Adrienne Young actually sent this to me! I won this awesome edition on one of her Instagram live stream!
- Dinosnores by Sandra Boynton
- This was sent to me by the publisher, Workman Publishing Company. It was super super cute and I definitely will be saving it for when/if I have some kid(s) of my own.
- This will be out on September 3!
- House of Salt & Sorrows by Erin A. Craig
- My YA BOTM affiliate complimentary copy! I cannot wait to get to this book! It's so gorgeous and I just need the murder-y, mystical-ness in my life!
- Rules for Vanishing by Kate Alice Marshall
- This was sent to me from Bookish First!
- I'm not usually into thrillers, but this instantly caught my interest. I hope that I can get to it before its release date: September 24.
- Juliet Takes A Breath by Gabby Rivera
- I also acquired this via Bookish First!
- This was originally published in 2018, but it is being published again with some rebranding!
- This will be released on September 17!
- Good Luck Girls by Charlotte Nicole Davis
- Another Bookish First ARC!
- I'm so excited to dive into this before its release on October 1!
- As Many Nows As I Can Get by Shana Youngdahl - ARC & finished hardback
- Penguin was so so kind and sent me an ARC & a finished copy of this lovely book.
- We Speak In Storms by Natalie Lund
- Penguin also sent me an ARC and finished copy, but I sent the finished copy along to another reviewer.
- Mirror Bound by Monica Sanz
- This was kindly sent to me by Entangled Teen/Entangled Publishing!
- Unsolicited finished copy.
- The Stars and the Blackness Between Them by Junauda Petrus
- This was sent to me by Penguin too! I was given an ARC and finished copy, but I gifted the ARC to my best friend Courtney.
- Ziggy Stardust & Me by James Brandon
- This was such a lovely book. I have a full review up!
- Penguin kindly sent me an ARC and finished copy.
- Michigan vs. The Boys by Carrie S. Allen
- This was sent to me by KCP Loft. I think my fiance is going to read it.
- Unsolicited finished copy.
- The Hive by Barry Lyga, Morgan Bayden, , &
These are all such fun books. I'm eager to get to the books I haven't read yet and I'm so glad to have the books that I have read.
What is your favorite book that you acquired this month? I think I'm the most excited about Godsgrave, A Conjuring of Light, and Pumpkinheads!
~ Liv the Book Nerd ~