Thursday, February 11, 2016

Scarred by Joanne Macgregor

26865813
Page Count: 251
Published on: September 29, 2015
Published by: Author
Genre(s):  YA, Contemporary, Romance, Sports
Source: Provided by Author//ebook
Age Rating: PG-13

Where To Find ItGoodreads // Amazon

My Rating: 4.5 stars

Twitter: @JoanneMacg









Goodreads synopsis:


"Life leaves you scarred. Love can make you beautiful." 


Seventeen-year-old Sloane Munster is trying to reboot her life after a serious car accident left her badly scarred and emotionally traumatized. 


Starting her senior year at a new school, she’s delighted to see Luke Naughton, a swimmer whom she once crushed on, in the class in front of her. But when he glares back at her with disgust and revulsion, she’s shocked and hurt and assumes it’s because of her appearance. Despite misunderstandings, the chemistry between them sparks and love grows against a background of guilt, secrets, and mounting tensions at a school where bullying is rife and Sloane is not the most deeply scarred person. 



Sharp with bittersweet humor, Scarred is an intense, beautiful, compelling story of life, death and fighting for love against all the odds.


~~~

Hey, guys!


      The lovely Joanne Macgregor emailed me a couple weeks ago to ask me to read her contemporary novel. I accepted her offer, and I started it as soon as I finished the book that I had been working on. At first, I was kind of skeptical, because I hadn't heard much about the book, and I was afraid that it wouldn't be as good as the synopsis suggested. 


     This book was actually very good. The book was very entertaining, very well written, and it was just so great. The characters were so intriguing, and their story was really addicting to read. The story wasn't too cheese-y/cliche, and there were a few moments that were kind of cringe-worthy, but it made up for it with the totally adorable and hilarious moments. 


      The thing that I liked the most about the book was that it gave me a literal ache in my heart. I love it when a romance book makes me feel something, and I love getting close to characters. I can't wait to read more of Joanne's books.

My Thoughts From Goodreads: Really well written contemporary romance novel. This book was really entertaining, and it had great characters and a really interesting plot. The romance wasn't too cheese-y...I mean it was cheese-y but it wasn't overbearingly cheese-y. There were a few cliche moments that made me purposefully put a "cliche" note on my Kindle. There were multiple points throughout the book that made me literally laugh out loud, and towards the end, some of the scenes made my heart literally ache for the characters. I love it when a book makes me feel something, and if a romance book has a sad part that is supposed to make the reader feel significantly sad or empathetic, and it doesn't make my heart twinge a little, then it usually gets a star bumped off. When I read a contemporary romance like this one, I want to cry or at least come to it. I need that in my life. I love to feel something when I read. That's a must for me.

My Favorite Character: Luke

If You Like _____, You'll Love Scarred!



Enjoy and happy reading!
Olivia
~livthebooknerd~
Twitter // Instagram // Tumblr // Goodreads // Bloglovin


3 comments:

  1. Thanks for sharing such a great piece of content. It really helps me and clears so many thoughts running in my mind. Besides, I'm from Pakistan and curious to know
    Cash for Cars Logan

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for sharing. Wow, that was strange. I just wrote a really long comment but after I clicked submit my comment didn't show up. Grrrr... well, I'm not writing all that over again. Anyways, just wanted to say fantastic blog!
    car disposals sydney

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi, I am really glad I have found this info. Nowadays bloggers publish just about gossips and internet and this is actually irritating. A good site with interesting content, this is what I need. Thank you for keeping this web site, I'll be visiting it. Do you do newsletters? Can not find it.
    North Coast Wreckers Townsville

    ReplyDelete