Thursday, September 7, 2017

{Review} The Audition (Seraphina #0.5) by Rachel Hartman

15715106
Page Count: 17
Published on: June 19th 2012
Published by: Random House Books for Young Readers 
Genre(s): Fantasy, YA, Short Stories, High Fantasy, Fiction
Source: Hardback - personally purchased --in my edition of Seraphina
Age Rating: YA
Where To Find It: Goodreads // Scribd
Twitter@_rachelhartman


My Rating: 5 stars










Goodreads synopsis:

The Audition is a free prequel to Seraphina available online. It takes place a few weeks prior to Seraphina, covering Seraphina Dombegh's audition to become Viridius's assistant and thus Glisselda's music tutor.


~~~


Hey, guys!

      This little novella was included in my copy of Seraphina, so of course, I had to review it. I absolutely adored this addition to Seraphina's story. After reading Seraphina, you get a great look into Seraphina and Orma's relationship. After reading The Audition, I really appreciated their relationship dynamic even more. I love their friendship and I love how they interact with each other. 

      I also really loved how this novella revealed Seraphina's hardworking and determined attitude even before she earned the position with the music master. I love her kindness, her snarky attitude, and her passion for music. I can't wait to read book 2, Shadow Scale. 

      I can't reveal much about this book because of spoilers, but if you loved Seraphina and you love The Inheritance Cycle, then you will love this novella. I highly recommend it. It's so much fun. 
My Review for Seraphina: {click here}

Happy reading!
Olivia
~LivTheBookNerd~

Twitter // Instagram // Tumblr // Goodreads // YouTube // Bloglovin // Book Depository @LivTheBookNerd on Books Amino

No comments:

Post a Comment