Monday, January 6, 2020

Fall/Winter 2019 Book Haul


Hey, guys! 

Over the past few months, I've received and bought quite a few books. I can't believe that I've let these stacks accrue so long, but here are the books I acquired since I went back to school in August.





ARCs & Review Copies

A massive thank you to Entangled/Entangled Teen, Harper/HarperCollins, Penguin, and Book of the Month for sending me these books and being so patient with me. My lack of reading has really been bringing me down and really ruining my plans.

1. Crier's War by Nina Varela
Thank you, Harper Collins!

2. Sick Kids In Love by Hannah Moskowitz (ARC)
Thank you, Entangled Teen!

3. The Good Luck Girls by Charlotte Nicole Davis (ARC)
Thank you, BookishFirsts and Tor!

4. Keystone by Katie Delaharty
Thank you, Entangled Teen!

5. The Deep by Solomon, Diggs, Hutson, and Snipes (ARC)
Thank you, BookishFirsts and Saga Press!

6. The Girl the Sea Gave Back by Adrienne Young (BOTM)
7. Carry On by Rainbow Rowell (BOTM)
8. Song of the Crimson Flower by Julie C. Dao (BOTM)
9. Frankly In Love by David Yoon (BOTM)
Thank you BOTM for the books! I love being an affiliate!

10. The Last Namsara (Iskari #1) by Kristen Ciccarelli
11. The Caged Queen (Iskari #2) by Kristen Ciccarelli
12. The Sky Weaver (Iskari #3) by Kristen Ciccarelli
Thank you, Harper Collins for the Iskari books!

Birthday Presents

1.  The Dream Thieves by Maggie Stiefvater
  • My friend, @brookesbooknook is a wonderful wonderful human and sent me this book because she found it super cheap at her local used book store. I'm so eager to read it.
2. Middlegame by Seanan McGuire 
  • My beautiful Bardugo Babes sent me this book and I cannot wait to read this chunky baby. 
3. Part of Your World: A Twisted Tale by Liz Braswell
  • My other beautiful women, Jill and Annie, bought this for me. They gave me all Little Mermaid themed gifts and, even now, when I think about how thoughtful they were


Christmas Presents

Children of Virtue and Vengeance by Tomi Adeyemi (signed and personalized)
  • This is actually a gift from last Christmas. Alex had pre-ordered this book for both of us months and months ago before the multiple deadline pushes, but we were able to go see Tomi Adeyemi at the beginning of December and she signed our books.
Harry Potter & the Philosopher’s Stone, The Chamber of Secrets, and The                       Prisoner of Azkaban by J.K. Rowling (Anniversary Hufflepuff edition)
  • My fiancé is freaking amazing. These books are so beautiful, and I am so excited to have them in my collection
The Starless Sea by Erin Morgenstern
  • My beautiful and wonderful friend, Jill, gifted this book to me. I’m so so excited to have it. I cannot wait to read it in 2020.
A Merry Christmas and Other Short Stories by Louisa May Alcott
  • My mom gifted this to me for Christmas. She was upset that it didn't come in time for Christmas day, but I'm excited to read it on Christmas Eve next year.
The Bromance Book Club by Lyssa Kay Adams
  • Alex, my fiancé, has some really fantastic family members. His parents gifted me a gorgeous finished copy of this book. If you haven’t read my review, you definitely should because I’d love to convince you to read this super-fun book.
      Find Me Their Bones by Sara Wolf

  • Alex’s grandparents also gifted me with a finished copy of this book. I’m so so so excited to check out the finished product.
      The Treasury of Myths and Legends: A Family Heirloom of Stories to Inspire and Entertain by Dr. Alice Mills

  • This was actually a book that was gifted to both my fiancé and me. We are very excited to dive deeper into the stories within. We are big big fans of myths and legends

Trades & Giveaway Prizes and Prizes

1. Godsgrave by Jay Kristoff (signed 1st edition)
a. I won a raffle for my job’s summer reading program and won a Barnes & Noble gift card. I decided to purchase Godsgrave about a month into September. I haven’t continued on with the series, but I’m too excited to continue on. It’s definitely one of my 2020 goals.
2. Spin the Dawn by Elizabeth Lim (Owlcrate)
3. Catching Fire by Suzanne Collins
4. Twice in a Blue Moon by Christina Lauren 
5. Fable by Adrienne Young (ARC)
6. Wild Game by Adrienne Brodeur (BOTM)
7. Faker by Sarah Smith (ARC)
8. Game of Thrones by George R.R. Martin
9. Where the Crawdads Sing by Delia Owens (signed)
~ I actually acquired this book through a trade, but then went on to meet the author and get the book signed. I managed to read 50 pages, but I couldn’t continue on because of my school obligations. I’m eager to read the rest of it soon.
10. If We Were Villains by M.L. Rio (ARC)
11. The Night Circus by Erin Morgenstern
12. The Matchmaker's List by Sonya Lalli
13. Darkdawn by Jay Kristoff (Waterstones edition)
I won this book on Twitter! I’m so excited to have it in my collection. It has black sprayed edges and stars painted on the pages. I’m so excited to just stare at it.
14. Carry On by Rainbow Rowell (Indigo exclusive)
15. A Woman Is No Man by Etaf Rum (BOTM)
16. Get A Life, Chloe Brown by Talia Hibbert (BOTM)

Thrifting Endeavors

My wonderful hometown has a brand-spankin' new used book store and, of course, I keep going there and getting beautiful books. To be fair I did sell a bunch of books to them for store credit.

1. Check Please Book 1: #Hockey by Ngozi Ukazu
2. Becoming by Michelle Obama
3. Dating You Hating You by Christina Lauren
4. The Mime Order by Samantha Shannon
5. The Name of the Wind by Patrick Rothfuss
~ My beautiful friend, Brook @brookesbooknook
6. Warriors of the Wild by Tricia Levenseller
~ This was my Black Friday purchase. It was $6 on Amazon and I’m counting that as thrifting (even though it isn’t).

Pre-Orders

As an avid reader, I love to pre-order books. I love to support my faves and get their books ASAP. Here are the books I was able to pre-order!
1.  A Court of Thorns and Roses by Sarah J. Maas (collector's edition)
a.     Gorgeous!
2. Tunnel of Bones by Victoria Schwab
3. Darkdawn by Jay Kristoff (signed 1st edition)
4. Queen of Nothing by Holly Black (regular)
5. Queen of Nothing by Holly Black (OwlCrate)
a. My friend Brittany is a beautiful human who also has an Owlcrate subscription. I sent her some money to cover the cost and she bought it for me. The box is fantastic! I’m so in love with the exclusive cover.
6. Queen of Nothing by Holly Black (Barnes & Noble)
7. Carry On by Rainbow Rowell (Barnes & Noble)
8. Carry On by Rainbow Rowell (Waterstones)
9. Carry On by Rainbow Rowell (regular)
10.  Ninth House by Leigh Bardugo
11.  Pumpkinheads by Rainbow Rowell and Faith Erin Hicks (signed)
a.     I was able to snag a signed copy of this book at the Rainbow Rowell/Faith Erin Hicks event in Cincinnati! I love it so much! It’s such a great graphic novel!
12.  The Girl the Sea Gave Back by Adrienne Young (regular)

Various Purchases

I am honestly unsure how I have acquired this many books. I appreciate that you have made it to the end of this weird blog post.
1. A Conjuring of Light by V.E. Schwab
~ I nabbed this when I was at the Rainbow Rowell/Faith Erin Hicks event because it was so beautiful and 20% off. I cannot wait to read it.
2. Awaken the Magic: A Children of Blood and Bone Journal by Tomi Adeyemi
~  I picked this up while at the Tomi Adeyemi event. She’s lovely and I would die for her.
3. Little Women by Louisa May Alcott (BOTM)
4. Red, White, and Royal Blue by Casey McQuinston (BOTM)
5. Queen of Nothing by Holly Black (BOTM)
6. Ninth House by Leigh Bardugo (BOTM)
7. Permanent Record by Mary H.K. Choi (BOTM)
8. Loki: Where Mischief Lies by Mackenzie Lee
9. Gideon the Ninth by Tamsyn Muir
10. Tales of Norse Mythologies by Helen A. Guerber
11. Meg & Jo by Virginia Kantra0
12. Serpent and Dove by Shelby Mahurin (signed)
1.   One of my Hoosier #bookstagram babes sent this book to me after she went to Shelby Mahurin’s event in Lafayette. She was able to get the book signed for me. I managed to finish it on New Years Eve, making it my final book read for 2019! I loved it!

Books for School

I'm taking one last literature class, a women and literature course, and these are the books I've acquired.

  • Room by Emma Donoghue
  • A Room of One's Own by Virginia Woolfe
  • Paula Spencer by Roddy Doyle
Which of these books should I prioritize?

Happy reading!
Olivia
~ Liv the Book Nerd ~
Twitter // Instagram // Tumblr // Goodreads // YouTube // Bloglovin // Book Depository Affiliate Code


No comments:

Post a Comment