Wednesday, March 18, 2020

#QuarantineReads: What Am I Reading?


Hey, guys!

I know we are in the middle of a pandemic and it's super stressful, but I'd love to talk about what you're currently reading. As someone who suffers from a form of anxiety, I have to find different ways to cope with the things that bring me stress and all the negative emotions. My most prominent hobby and coping method is to read a butt-ton of books.

Last week, my campus moved all of our classes online, spring break was extended a week, and it's looking nearly all businesses will be shut down (willingly or ordered by the governor). My city is a ghost town and a good majority of the people that are usually bustling around are being told to go home, social distance, and some can work from home. Lots of people are out of jobs for this weird period and a lot of us are freaking out about how we are going to survive and pay the bills.

I'd like to brighten up your feed with a means of escape. I think keeping busy and sticking to a routine is really important. Even if you're staying home and working from home, I firmly believe that getting dressed or changing your clothes, going through your daily morning routine, and being at-hope professional will keep the weird quarantine blues away. These past few days have been really freaky and depressing on my end. I keep taking naps or sleeping in 'til 11am or being anything but productive.

From now on, I'm going to be productive and move around. I can't go out and write in coffee shops, but I can learn how to make my own coffee the way that I like it. I can exercise in my garage or take a walk. I can do things that will keep me accountable.

What do you do to keep yourself busy and away from the depression fog in your brain?

I've said it a few paragraphs up, but my favorite thing to do in my downtime is read. This year my goal is to read what I want to read, to keep up with the books that I buy, and to DNF when I'm not feeling it. Since the COVID-19 was declared to be in my Indiana town, I've definitely read more...or I've at least picked up too many books.

Here is what I've read recently: {click here}. I'll have reviews for some and mini-reviews for them at the end of the month, but if you'd like to chat about a previously read book, feel free to comment below, email me, or DM me on Instagram.

Here are my current reads and immediate TBR!

Current Reads:

  • A Court of Thorns of Roses (#1) by Sarah J. Maas
    • This is my favorite series of all time and I've been so eager to reread, annotate, and analyze because there is so much depth in the characters and the story. I adore this world so much and I'm having a wonderful time rereading.
    • I'm about 120 pages into this reread.
  • Docile by KM Szpara
    • This was sent to me by Tor for an honest review. I'm 2 chapters in and I'm really enjoying it.
  • Ninth House by Leigh Bardugo
    • This is such a fun read, but it's a little too real right now. I'm about 60% through and I've put it down for a minute. I'm eager to finish it because it's really fun.
  • The Seven Husbands of Evelyn Hugo by Taylor Jenkins Reid
    • I started this one recently via audio (Ugh yes! So good!) and I'm so excited to continue on with it. I love TJR so much. She has a fantastic writing style. I haven't met Evelyn Hugo yet in the book, but I love how she develops her characters and fleshes out the story. She's a fantastic storyteller.
  • Well Met by Jen DeLuca
  • Seven Endless Forests by April Genevive Tucholke
  • A Heart So Fierce & Broken by Brigid Kemmerer
  • Lucky Caller by Emma Mills
  • The Unfairfolk by Sara Wolf
  • Wicked As You Wish by Rin Chupeco
  • The Extraordinaries by TJ Klune
  • Bringing Down the Duke by Evie Dunmore
  • Havenfall by Sara Holland
The majority of these books are ARCs that I am either behind on or anticipating getting to. I'm very excited to binge read them as quickly as I can. They all have fascinating premises. 

What will you be reading during this time of quarantine?

Happy reading!
Olivia
~Liv the Book Nerd~


No comments:

Post a Comment