Monday, July 13, 2020

{Review} Boss Man Bridegroom by Meghan Quinn

50365051. sy475

My Rating: 3 stars

Page Count: 404
Published: January 23, 2020
Published by: Hot-Lanta Publishing LLC

Avg. Rating: 4.38 stars

Goodreads synopsis:

"Will you do me the greatest honor of all time and be my bridegroom?” she asks, hope in her eyes . . .

How did I get here? My assistant, bent on one knee, holding my hand, her expectant face waiting for an answer.

Just . . . how?

How did I go from being insulted by Charlee Cox to hiring her to be my assistant? How is it that she’s chaos in color - making me crazy and my life better at the same time?

I never thought I would be staring down at her bright blue eyes begging me to go along with this ridiculous scheme I suggested.

Yes, I suggested. Like the idiot I am, I thought hey, why not start an HR nightmare and have my assistant ask me to marry her?

Confused? Don’t worry, so am I.

But try to follow along, because this is how I became Boss Man Bridegroom.

$3.99 for Kindle or FREE with Kindle Unlimited

~ ~ ~

Hey, guys!

I read Boss Man Bridegroom for the Romancetheque Book Club and I had a lot of fun with this one. I kind of like CEO/Boss romances, but it has to be done really well for me to fully suspend my disbelief and fully enjoy it. 

Overall, this was a really really fun read. I was laughing out loud and yelling at the characters as I was reading, but there were some moments where I just had to stop and put the book down because something stupid would happen. When it came to the overall reading experience, it was either really exceptionally stupid or really adorable and fun. 

The characterization was really nicely done. There was a good mixture of snarky, sarcastic, and charismatic characters. In romance novels, there is often a good chunk of cheesy and over the top dialogue in romance novels, and that sometimes negatively impacts my enjoyment, but there was such a fairly mixture of natural and cheesy dialogue. The dialogue was probably one of the biggest factors for my more negative view of the novel. While cheesy and unrealistic interactions were fun, it became quite annoying when it would impact the relationship that was to develop. I love the sassy characters that the dialogue came from, but the schtick started to become really obnoxious and over the top. 

Though I quite liked this story, there were a few issues that I had. 
  • The relationship that developed throughout this book was really fun, but it really developed too quickly for my tastes. While I know that that is part of the genre, the book still seemed to develop over a longer period of time, but the feelings really just didn't seem naturally progressing.  There was just something missing. 
  • The conflicts that arose throughout the plot were valid and really new and fun, but I felt like the way that it developed was unrealistic and kind of strange.
  • There were some really humorous and wonderful moments throughout, but sometimes it was so forced and crass that it made me cringe instead of laugh.
What are some of your favorite office romance novels? Let's discuss in the comments!

Happy reading and stay safe!
Olivia
Liv the Book Nerd ~




No comments:

Post a Comment