Sunday, April 11, 2021

Quarterly Reading Stats + Reading Wrap Up + Life Update

 Hey, all!

I know it's been a bit since I've updated you all, but I'm trying to make a better effort to update this blog this year. I'm sure so many of you are wondering where I've been -- or maybe you're new here and you're seeing the gap between posts -- or maybe you've forgotten about this blog and you're getting an email about my new post and you're surprised I'm still alive. 

Hello! Here I am! 

Here's a little update about me and where my life has been going. 

  • I'm working full-time as a coffee slinger at a very large chain company. If you know you know. It's a challenging but fun job. I've learned so much and I love my coworkers. I originally started as a member of the afternoon crew, but I've swapped over to the morning crew. I'm still figuring out how to manage my time, so there are definitely aspects of my life that I'm trying to fit into my daily life.
  • I've recently found out that I have some sort of issue with my thyroid. Lately, my thyroid has been swelling exponentially at weird rates. I've been getting it tasted, but my doctor is ghosting me so I'm not quite sure what's going on yet. I just know that my focus and mental health have suffered for it. Please be patient with me while I figure out my life. 
  • I'm co-planning my wedding to Alex! I honestly can't remember if I've announced our engagement on here, but we've been engaged since August of 2019. We're getting married in September of this year and we're very excited! 
  • I'm still writing my novel! Well, I have 3 partially drafted, but my main project is tentatively titled, "Freyja." It's a slow but exciting process and I'm eager to share more about it later. 
So far this year, I've read 21 books. It's not as far as I would have been if I wasn't working full time, but I've enjoyed what I've read so far. This year, I'm focusing on reading the books on my backlist and making a dent in my physical TBR.

Here are the books I've read so far!

January:


  • Princess Princess Ever After by Katie O'Neill
    • 3 stars
  • How the Dukes Stole Christmas by Tessa Dare, Joanna Shupe, Sophie Jordan, and Sarah MacLean
    • 3 stars
  • Spoiler Alert by Olivia Dade
    • 3 stars
  • Check Please Book 2: Sticks & Scones by Ngozi Ukazu
    • 4 stars
  • Kingdom of the Wicked by Kerri Maniscalco
    • 4 stars
  • Mating the Huntress by Talia Hibbert
    • 3 stars
  • Aru Shah and the Song of Death by Roshani Chokshi
    • 4 stars
  • The Fairy Tale Detectives (Sisters Grimm #1) by Michael Buckley
    • 5 stars
  • The Unusual Suspects (Sisters Grimm #2) by Michael Buckley
    • 5 stars
  • The Problem Child (Sisters Grimm #3) by Michael Buckley
    • 5 stars
  • Once Upon a Crime (Sisters Grimm #4) by Michael Buckley
    • 5 stars
  • Desperate Measures (Wicked Villains #1) by Katee Robert
    • 3 stars
  • We Hunt the Flame (Sands of Arawiya #1) by Hafsah Faizal
    • 3 stars
  • Heartstopper Volume 2 by Alice Oseman
    • 5 stars
My favorite read from January: Heartstopper Volume 2


February:

  • Bookish and the Beast (Once Upon a Con #3) by Ashley Oseman
    • 3 stars
  • A Court of Mist & Fury (ACOTAR #1) by Sarah J. Maas
    • 5 stars
  • A Court of Wings and Ruin (ACOTAR #3) by Sarah J. Maas
    • 5 stars
Favorite read from February: (surprisingly) A Court of Wings and Ruin


March:



  • A Court of Frost & Starlight (ACOTAR #3.5) by Sarah J. Maas
    • 5 stars
  • A Court of Silver Flames (ACOTAR #4) by Sarah J. Maas
    • 5 stars
  • Into the Heartless Wood by Joanna Ruth Meyer
    • 3 stars
Favorite from March: A Court of Silver Flames


April (so far):


  • A Deadly Education (The Scholomance #1) by Naomi Novik
    • 3.5 stars

Reading Statistics: 

Pages read: 7,579
Shortest book: Princess Princess Ever After (53 pages)
Longest book: A Court of Silver Flames (757 pages)
Average page length: 360 pages
Most popular: A Court of Mist and Fury
Least Popular: Mating the Huntress
My Average Rating: 4.2 stars

As you can see, my reading habits have kind of taken the L as we get closer toward the middle of the year, but I'm hoping it will pick up. Now, my stats are nothing to sneeze at, but according to Goodreads, I'm six books behind on my goal of reading 100 books in 2021. I'm not worried about it, but I'm surprised that I haven't read as much as I usually have. Granted, I have a lot going on so I'm not mad at myself or anything. 

How are your reading goals going so far?  Let's discuss in the comments!

Happy reading!
Olivia
Liv the Book Nerd ~


No comments:

Post a Comment