Tuesday, August 3, 2021

Jack the Ripper Read-a-Thon! Hosted by me, @livthebooknerd!



Happy happy Tuesday! Today I wanted to officially announce my next readathon on my feed. If you’ve been following me on my stories, you will see that I’m hosting a Jack the Ripper-themed readathon.

📚 D E T A I L S ðŸ“–
✨Dates:  August 7-14
✨ Group book — The Five: The Untold Lived of the Women Killed by Jack the Ripper by Hallie Rubenhold
✨ Questions? Comment on my Instagram post!
✨ Wanna join? DM me on Instagram! If you post about the readathon, tag me @livthebooknerd on your social media!

Thank you @_abigail.lee_17 for helping me with picture taking!

📚 T B R 📖
- The Five: The Untold Lived of the Women Killed by Jack the Ripper by Hallie Rubenhold
- Stalking Jack the Ripper by Kerri Maniscalco
- Devil in the White City by Erik Larsen

Even though it’s pretty dark, Jack the Ripper was one of the most pivotal people for my college career.

Back in 2018, one of my papers was chosen to be presented at a massive academic convention in Seattle, Washington. It was a massive honor, but it wasn't until I arrived and the convention was completely underway that I was told that I was the only student presenting. Thankfully, it was more like the science fair because it was a poster presentation. Essentially, it was a bunch of academic smartos who had prepared their own presentations lined up in a huge foyer with their visual boards. There was an open bar set up right after I set up my presentation in a corner with my professor, so my board got a lot of traffic by association. I considered it a success, learned a lot, and gained so much confidence. 

In the next few days, I'll be posting more information on Jack the Ripper on Instagram (probably in my stories and feed), but would you guys be interested in hearing about the project from the Seattle trip? Comment down below!

If you're interested in seeing some of the beauty and intensity that I got to experience in Seattle, check out my Seattle highlight on my Instagram profile!

Happy reading! I hope you decide to join!
Olivia, Liv the Book Nerd


No comments:

Post a Comment