Friday, January 2, 2015

Girl Online by Zoe Sugg


Published November 25th 2014
352 pages
Keywords Press
This Novel is a stand-alone as far as I know

Goodreads synopsis:

I had no idea GirlOnline would take off the way it has - I can't believe I now have 5432 followers, thanks so much! - and the thought of opening up to you all about this is terrifying, but here goes...

Penny has a secret.

Under the alias GirlOnline, she blogs about school dramas, boys, her mad, whirlwind family - and the panic attacks she's suffered from lately. When things go from bad to worse, her family whisks her away to New York, where she meets the gorgeous, guitar-strumming Noah. Suddenly Penny is falling in love - and capturing every moment of it on her blog.

But Noah has a secret too. One that threatens to ruin Penny's cover - and her closest friendship - forever.


                                                                                                                           

Hey guys!

     OK so I seriously loved this book! If I had my way, I would have read it in one sitting...but alas, I started it around seven o'clock, and had to put it down around twelve-thirty in the morning; but as soon as I got up this morning i picked it up and finished it within thirty minutes. I felt every feeling imaginable reading this book...it made me laugh, it made me cry, it made me want to punch a girl in the face...you know all those major emotions. ;) 

     This book is about Penny; a blogger and amateur photographer. Penny struggles with panic attacks and her shyness. One day her mother gets a job as a wedding planner in New York; Penny, her parents, and Penny's best friend Elliott all go to New York to help with the wedding. Penny meets Noah. Noah loves music, listens to what Penny has to say, understands Penny, and helps her control her panic attacks...But "Noah has a secret...."

     This book was so lovely to read and so laugh-out-loud funny, and I just adore this book so much, it's not even funny...but this has to be one of my favorite books published in 2014! I highly recommend it for people who love contemporary novels. Zoe Sugg is an excellent writer, and even with the controversy about her "ghost-writer", I can definitely tell that Zoe wrote it. It has her voice and I for one think she did a brilliant job on her first novel.

I give this book 5 out of 5 stars *****

Until next time!
Olivia
~livthebooknerd~

No comments:

Post a Comment