Tuesday, November 17, 2015

The 5th Wave by Rick Yancy


Page Count: 457
Published on: May 7th 2013 
Published by: G.P. Putnam's Sons Books for Young Readers
Genre(s): Paranormal, Fantasy, Dystopian, Science Fiction, Romance, YA
Source: Print: Paperback
Age Rating: PG-14
Where To Find ItGoodreads // Amazon 

My Rating: 4 stars

Twitter: @rickyancey





Goodreads synopsis:

      After the 1st wave, only darkness remains. After the 2nd, only the lucky escape. And after the 3rd, only the unlucky survive. After the 4th wave, only one rule applies: trust no one.

      Now, it's the dawn of the 5th wave, and on a lonely stretch of highway, Cassie runs from Them. The beings who only look human, who roam the countryside killing anyone they see. Who have scattered Earth's last survivors. To stay alone is to stay alive, Cassie believes, until she meets Evan Walker. Beguiling and mysterious, Evan Walker may be Cassie's only hope for rescuing her brother--or even saving herself. But Cassie must choose: between trust and despair, between defiance and surrender, between life and death. To give up or to get up.
 

~~~

Hey guys!

      The 5th Wave has been praised highly by not only my favorite BookTubers, but by many awesome critics. The 5th Wave is also about to be made into a movie, and I decided I wanted to read the book before I watched the movie. This book follows at least 4 or 5 people, and the POVs changed with each part of the book. This is an alien invasion series, and the aliens had invade in "waves." The first wave took out all power, the second wave destroyed the coast lines, the third wave killed off almost 100% of the population of the world with the blood plague. The fourth wave was the invasion. The fifth wave....no one knows. 

      While I enjoyed this book it took me a while to get into it, and the changing POVs during the different sections, totally confused me. I had to get through a few sections before I understood who the narrators were, and there were at least 5 narrators. I really liked the different narrators, and I'm glad it wasn't just Cassie, because I found her to be reckless and kind of annoying. I found the different POVs made the whole plot make more sense, and explained the character's feelings nicely. I found the romance to be too insta-lovey and kind of predictable. I wish I knew more about Evan, and I think he'd be a cool main character...I found him to be kind of creepy, and I really want to know his motives behind his creepiness. I really liked how driven Cassie was to survive and find her little brother. 

      This book is so dark and morbid. It's action packed with some pretty good romance. The romance wasn't my thing, but lots of people adore the Evan x Cassie ship, but I'm not sure if I like it yet, but maybe when I read the second book it can convince me. I do plan on reading The Infinite Sea, and I hope I like it better than The 5th Wave, but maybe the immense amount of hype ruined my image of this book. We'll never know. This book was a kind of average dystopian for me, but I enjoyed it.

If You Love ___, You'll Love The 5th Wave!

Enjoy! Happy Reading!
Olivia
~livthebooknerd~

No comments:

Post a Comment