Wednesday, May 18, 2016

Top 5 Wednesday {#14}: Intimidating Reads (from my shelf)


Hey, guys!

      This week I am going to discuss the books on my TBR that intimidate me the most. I have quite a few books on my TBR shelf, but there are a select few that I really want to read, but totally intimidate me when it comes to picking them up and reading them. 

Here Are The Books That Intimidate Me:
  1. Game of Thrones by George R.R. Martin
  2. Outlander by Diana Gabaldon
  3. Pride and Prejudice by Jane Austin
  4. The Help byKathryn Stockett
  5. The Chalice & the Blade by Tara Janzen
extra #6: The Lord of the Rings by J.R.R. Tolkien

      The Game of Thrones, Outlander, and Pride and Prejudice are all quite difficult for me to read, I mean the first two aren't written to be difficult to read, but I just found them to be really long and overall really detailed and...adult. I've attempted to read P&P, but I got very confused and stopped half way through. The Help is not hard to read at all, but I've just not gotten to reading it. The Chalice & the Blade was an impulse buy, but it just sounded so good. It helped that it was a penny on Amazon :D 

      LOTR, the extra book, well it's actually a trilogy...kind of...I'm not even sure anymore. But I had attempted the first book in the Lord of the Rings before, and I just couldn't get through it. That was 3 years ago, so hopefully I can get to reading it sooner rather than later.




Those are my most intimidating books on my shelf! Woo! Comment down below which books on your shelf freak you out the most!

Have a lovely day everyone!
Olivia
~LivTheBookNerd~
@LivTheBookNerd on Books



No comments:

Post a Comment