Saturday, August 31, 2019

July & August 2019 Book Haul


Hey, guys!


I cannot believe that I didn't get to posting my July book haul, but oh well. It was definitely a wonderful month for reading and for acquiring books. I'm really pleased with all that I bought/acquired. However! August was an even bigger month for acquiring books too. I really did not mean to acquire over 30 books in August, but it happened. Before the end of the month, though, I gifted or traded some books that I did not buy for myself or was gifted. 

Here are the stacks and stacks of books that I acquired in the past couple of months!

*Please be aware that I did not buy the majority of these at their full price. I'm not as excessive as this book haul makes me out to be. Promise. I am excessive, but not "nearly 50 books" excessive.*




Personally Purchased
  • The Whisper Network by Chandler Baker
    • My Amazon Prime Day purchase! Thank you, Amazon for coupons!
  • Gods of Shade and Shadow by Silvia Moreno Garcia
    • my YA BOTM pick!
  • Three Women by Lisa Taddeo 
    • one of my BOTM picks!
  • Things You Save In A Fire by Katherine Center
    • another BOTM pick!
  • Mississippi Jack by L.A. Meyer 
    • $3 hardback? Thank you Half Priced Books!
  • In the Belly of the Bloodhound by L.A. Meyer
    • another $3 hardback? Thank you Half Priced Books!
  • The Pisces by Melissa Brandes
    • I splurged and bought this lovely book at an indie bookstore in Indianapolis!
  • The Bookish Life of Nina Hill by Abbi Waxman
    • I also bought this at Half Priced Books, new, but at a reduced price!
Gifted and Traded
  • Writer's Market Guide to Getting Published
  • How to Write a Book Proposal (3rd edition)
    • A massive thank you to my pastor and his wife for gifting me these awesome books for writers!
  • ((ARC)) The Unexpected Everything by Morgan Matson
  • Landline by Rainbow Rowell
  • ((signed)) Eleanor and Park by Rainbow Rowell 
  • One Day In December by Josie Silver
  • ((signed, sprayed edged Owlcrate edition)) Heart of Iron by Ashley Poston
  • Where'd You Go Bernadette by Maria Semple
~~~


This month was such a wild ride. I only personally purchased 5 of these books, but I'm quite excited about the books that I was sent this month. 


Personally Purchased
  • A Conjuring of Light (Shades of Magic #3) by V.E. Schwab
    • I picked this up at Joseph-Beth Booksellers Cincinnati. I was originally going to pick up Nevernight in hardcover, but they didn't have it in stock. I'm so glad that I picked this book up. I'm so obsessed with this series right now.
  • Godsgrave (Nevernight #2) by Jay Kristoff 
    • This is a signed first edition from Barnes and Noble! 
    • This month, I won a gift card from my job to B&N for the summer reading program. 
  • Well Met by Jen DeLuca 
    • This is one of the books that I picked for my BOTM monthly subscription!
  • Queenie by Candice Carty-Williams
    • This is another book that I picked for my BOTM box!
  • Pumpkinheads by Rainbow Rowell and Faith Erin Hicks
    • I had the pleasure of going to Cincinnati for the first tour stop for Rainbow and Faith's book tour for Pumpkinheads! It was such a wonderful experience and meeting them was a dream come true! 
    • My book is SIGNED!

School Books 

Yes, I did purchase these, but not by choice. These don't count!
  • White Teeth by Zadie Smith
  • Middlesex by Jeffrey Eugenides
  • Americanah by Chimamanda Ngozie Adichie
  • The Namesake by Jhumpa Lahiri
Gifts/Trades/Prizes
  • Recursion by Blake Crouch
    • I actually found this book at my job's free little library! So!!!!! It basically fits in this category! I got it for freeeeee!
  • The Friend Zone by Abby Jimenez
    • I was sent this book through a trade! 
  • Frankly In Love by David Yoon
    • This lovely ARC was also acquired through a trade!
  • Fire by Kristin Cashore
    • Another trade! My Graceling trilogy is complete!
  • Sky In The Deep (Russian edition) by Adrienne Young
    • Adrienne Young actually sent this to me! I won this awesome edition on one of her Instagram live stream!


ARCs/Review Copies
  • Dinosnores by Sandra Boynton 
    • This was sent to me by the publisher, Workman Publishing Company. It was super super cute and I definitely will be saving it for when/if I have some kid(s) of my own. 
    • This will be out on September 3!
  • House of Salt & Sorrows by Erin A. Craig 
    • My YA BOTM affiliate complimentary copy! I cannot wait to get to this book! It's so gorgeous and I just need the murder-y, mystical-ness in my life!
  • Rules for Vanishing by Kate Alice Marshall
    • This was sent to me from Bookish First! 
    • I'm not usually into thrillers, but this instantly caught my interest. I hope that I can get to it before its release date: September 24.
  • Juliet Takes A Breath by Gabby Rivera 
    • I also acquired this via Bookish First!
    • This was originally published in 2018, but it is being published again with some rebranding! 
    • This will be released on September 17!
  • Good Luck Girls by Charlotte Nicole Davis
    • Another Bookish First ARC! 
    • I'm so excited to dive into this before its release on October 1!
  • As Many Nows As I Can Get by Shana Youngdahl - ARC & finished hardback
    • Penguin was so so kind and sent me an ARC & a finished copy of this lovely book. 
  • We Speak In Storms by Natalie Lund 
    • Penguin also sent me an ARC and finished copy, but I sent the finished copy along to another reviewer. 
  • Mirror Bound by Monica Sanz
    • This was kindly sent to me by Entangled Teen/Entangled Publishing!
    • Unsolicited finished copy. 
  • The Stars and the Blackness Between Them by Junauda Petrus 
    • This was sent to me by Penguin too! I was given an ARC and finished copy, but I gifted the ARC to my best friend Courtney.
  • Ziggy Stardust & Me by James Brandon
  • Michigan vs. The Boys by Carrie S. Allen 
    • This was sent to me by KCP Loft. I think my fiance is going to read it. 
    • Unsolicited finished copy.
  • The Hive by Barry Lyga, Morgan Bayden, 
    Jennifer Beals
    , & 
    Tom Jacobson
    • This was also sent to me by KCP Loft. 
    • Unsolicited finished copy.

These are all such fun books. I'm eager to get to the books I haven't read yet and I'm so glad to have the books that I have read. 

What is your favorite book that you acquired this month? I think I'm the most excited about Godsgrave, A Conjuring of Light, and Pumpkinheads!

Happy reading!
Olivia
~ Liv the Book Nerd ~


No comments:

Post a Comment